July 23, 2020
Please help share this information with parents of Herndon students so we are getting the word out to all of our families.
Links to Important Information
ALL students need to complete the surveys at the first two links below.
ALL students need to complete a contract for the 2020-2021 school year. (Not sure if you signed your contract - check out the list of students to see if your child's name appears. If not, you need to sign the appropriate contract.)
In-Person, 100% Virtual, and Hybrid Models Briefly Explained as of 7/20/2020
In-person Instruction for K-5 students
- There will be no more than 25 people in the classroom at one time.
- Students will stay in one classroom throughout the day.
- Students will attend enrichment classes in the enrichment classroom.
- Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the classroom.
- There will be an established route to travel to enrichment and recess.
- Desks will be cleaned several times throughout the day.
- Students will not share supplies.
- Hand-washing breaks will be implemented throughout the day.
- Students in 3-5 will wear masks all day.
- Students in 3-5 will stay in their classroom and the teachers will rotate from room to room.
100% Virtual Instruction available for all students
- Students will follow their "schedule" of classes as if they are attending in person.
- Students will log-on to attend "live" classes as scheduled and have on-demand lessons available for some lessons. (This will vary from teacher to teacher and from week to week depending on the lesson, grade level, and subject.)
- Attendance will be taken.
- Students will be required to complete all assignments just as the students in the classroom.
- Students will be graded on assignments and tests as students in the classroom.
- Students are locked into the virtual option for 9 weeks at a time.
Hybrid Instruction for 6-8 students
- Students whose last names begin with A - L will attend in person classes on Monday and Wednesday and will attend virtual classes on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Students whose last names begin with M-Z will attend in person classes on Tuesday and Thursday and virtual classes on Monday and Wednesday.
- All students will attend virtual classes on Friday. Some students may attend school on Friday for extra tutoring or to complete make-up work/tests.
- Desks will be sanitized between classes.
- The main purpose of the hybrid model is to be able to maintain social distancing and stay with-in the maximum group sizes as required by each phase.
General Information and Guidelines
- All students will wear a mask on the bus.
- All students, faculty, and staff will wear a mask in the halls, on the breezeway, and in common areas.
- All faculty and staff will wear a mask in the classroom.
- All students in 3-8 will wear masks in the classroom. (Students in K-2 will be allowed to wear the mask in the classroom.)
- Everyone's temperature will be taken and recorded daily. Anyone with a temperature over 100.3 will be moved to our isolation sick room and must be picked up immediately.
- We encourage students to wear neck gaiters or put the mask on a lanyard so they will not be lost.
- All classrooms will be sanitized and fogged daily.
- The "do no harm" policy followed in the spring, no longer applies. All students will be responsible for all of the work assigned by teachers and the assignments and tests will be graded according to the rubric.
- According to Dr. Brumley, Louisiana State Superintendent of Education - truancy is truancy, whether classes are held in person or virtually. Students must be "in attendance" daily.
- There will be no visitors allowed on campus including but not limited to parents, volunteers, PTSA workers, vendors, etc...