Diana Cruz P.2 5/16
- They are endangered because of there habitat
- They are found in South America
- They can also be found in the Jungles in South America
- They can be active for 12 hrs a day.
- Male Ocelots covers twice the distance as females do.
- Ocelots are also really good swimmers.
"The Ocelot has short and thick, velvety fur that is usually tawny-yellow to reddish-grey in colour and marked with black chain-like rosettes on it's back and sides."(A-Z Animals/Ocelots). They are hunted because of their fur.
- Ocelots are carnivores.
- They hunt at night.
- Birds, fish, crabs, lizards, rabbits and snakes are a few animals that ocelots hunt.
- They are really picky eaters.
They mate around the end of summer. They have about 2 to 3 kittens. They are born blind and have a dark coat of fur. In about a month they will be able to see. They have two litter a year.
- They have strong claws to fight off prey and to hunt.
- They have paws that seem stuck that help the ocelots swim.
- Their fur tends to be different because of there habitat.
- They are endangered.
- They were kept as pets.
- They are worshiped by the Peruvian cultures.
- People would include them in their artwork.