Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
October 19-23, 2015
- Many thanks to everyone who helped with and raised money for our Terrier Trot! Trombly exceeded our goal by $10,000!!
- Our class has expressed an interest in having Room 205 t-shirts. We held a design contest and have settled on the design we like. Before I go further with getting these shirts printed/ordered, will you please fill out the 1 question survey that was sent home on Friday. If the majority of you are interested in buying a shirt (approx. $13), then we will go ahead with having them printed. Survery due tomorrow (Tues.), thanks!
- Friday is Orange & Black Day...so wear orange and balck! :)
- So far in "Socktober", we have collected 562 pairs of socks! We passed our goal of 419 pairs and set a new goal of 664 pairs! Thanks so much for your sock generosity! (See article below)
- The Global Read Aloud continues this week. Last week, we connected again with our friends in TX to talk about the book. They even said they'd send us socks! It's good to be connected. :)
- Our class Halloween Party will take place on Fri., October 30th from 9:00-10:00. If you'd like to help with or donate to the party, please email Juli Rybicki @ firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks! Also, there is only morning school on 10/30, students will be dismissed @ 11:36.
- Spelling test on Friday 10/16.
- Things to ask your child about: GRA, Socktober, GRA Skype w/ TX, Class Tour.
- Thank you for supporting your child's reading growth by making sure that they get plenty of practice, at least 20 minutes per night. We will be transitioning to a class blog in the coming weeks, stay tuned for more info.
- I appreciate our parents continuing to sign the planners nightly.
- Remember...together we’re better!