Tropical rain forest
By: David Vargas
Vitals of Biome
the tocan is one of many birds that live in the tropical rain forest.
Pygmy Three-toed Sloth
It is an endangered species
Venus Fly trap
this plant is found in the Tropical Rain forest. The plant does not make its own food, instead it get food by eating insects.
Climate of Biome
The tropical rain forest is all ways the same tempature and there are no seasonal changes because it is located along the equater. Witch means it is always warm and never cold. The biome is very warm, not of lot of snow. It is near the equator, so no temperature change.
More than two thirds of the plants species can be found in the tropical rain forest. this plants provide shelter for animals that live there. To be able to live there, plants have to adapt to different weather. With out any of the plants in the tropical rain forest, the whole biome would look empty. Plants also make good hiding spots for the animals and insects.There are a bunch of plants . There are bromeliads, Epiphytes, and many more. Since it is a tropical rain forest, the plants don't have to adapt very often. It is always warm near the equator.
Some of the animals characteristics can be adapting to their environment. Some of the characteristics can help the survive from being attacked because of their color. The way animals are made for that specific biome, determine there type. Birds can fly because they are protected by that ability. Unlike monkeys that can get there found easy. But his can involve different types of species of monkeys can compete for the same food. Some animals get harmed by others like the botfly. It has to lay eggs on animal and those eggs become into larva and make their home in the animal until they are old enough to live. Baby monkeys have to use their moms to carry them around. They get a quick ride so they can get there food.
Predator: boa constrictor
Prey: Lizards, Opossums, Porcupine, Tanagers
Predator: Short-Tailed Fruit Bat
- Logging interests cut down rain forest trees for timber used in flooring, furniture, and other items.
- Power plants and other industries cut and burn trees to generate electricity.
- The paper industry turns huge tracts of rain forest trees into pulp.
- The cattle industry uses slash-and-burn techniques to clear ranch land.
- Agricultural interests, particularly the soy industry, clear forests for cropland.
- Subsistence farmers slash-and-burn rain forest for firewood and to make room for crops and grazing lands.
- Mining operations clear forest to build roads and dig mines.
- Governments and industry clear-cut forests to make way for service and transit roads.
- Hydroelectric projects flood acres of rain forest
- Lear’s Macaw
- Pygmy Three-toed Sloth
- This biome is important to the world because of the coffee and all the trees there. There would be all the animals and plants that are there if it was gone.