By: Victoria Gama 305
- 19 months she had a severe illness that caused her to be deaf and blind
- She considered having bad behavior
- She didn't communicate well but only with her family
She was able to go to college and study at Radcliffe College. Where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
- Her father served as an officer in the Confederate Army during the civil war.
- Helen Keller had two older stepbrothers
- Her family was not wealthy but earned income from their cotton plantation
- She learned more about the world and helped improve other peoples lives
- She was a strong supporter of the American Socialist party and became a member
- She was an author and a political speaker
- She learned how to write with a braille typewriter
- She wrote an autobiography called "Story of my Life" which it explains her struggles and overcome her disabilities
- She also wrote about political issues