Benefield Family Newsletter
Team Benefield: Where Each & Every Student Matters
Monday, May 1, 2023
Greetings Benefield Parents/Guardians:
It's hard to believe that we are nearing the end of the school year! Our students have been busy and have learned a lot this school year. Students in grades 3-5 have been busy with the Georgia Milestones End of Grade Assessment (GMAS). These assessments are used to measure achievement in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Science (Grade 5 only). As the Georgia Milestones End of Grade Assessments continue this week, please note the important information below. Additionally, as a gentle reminder, please make sure your child has a good night's rest, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives at school on time.
We have a few more yearbooks for sale for just $25. You can purchase a yearbook by going to https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome. After May 12, yearbooks will go up to $30. So, please, order your yearbook TODAY.
We need your help and support to make these last few weeks successful for all of our students by reminding your child of home, bus and school expectations.
I thank you for all that you do to support Benefield Elementary!
Honored to serve as your principal,
Mrs. Shonda Gipson Stevens
ICE CREAM SALES EVERYDAY!
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL REMINDERS
- The arrival window is from 8:20-8:45 A.M.
- Students are considered tardy after 8:45 A.M.
- The car rider lane closes at 8:45 A.M.
- After 8:45 A.M., cars should drive to the front of the building and park in the parking lot, proceeding to check their students in through the front office.
- As a gentle reminder, students are not allowed to enter the building without a parent or guardian.
- Dismissal begins at 3:15 P.M.
- All student checkouts should occur prior to 2:30 P.M.
- Should you need to pick your student up after dismissal please bring your driver's license or photo ID to the front office.
- We are not allowed to release Benefield students to individuals who are not on the list in our online system.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION @ BENEFIELD !
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION @ BENEFIELD ES - May 5, 2023
All new student registrations (K-5) will be processed through the Gwinnett County Online Registration system (OLR). Please find the following link to guide you with necessary documents and directions for the registration process.
What to Bring
- Birth Certificate/Passport
- GA Immunizations (GA 3231)
- Hearing, Vision, and Dental (GA 3300)
- Parent ID
- Current Lease or Mortgage
- Current Utility Bill
- Residency Affidavit (if needed)
Please share this information with families who have rising Kindergarteners or new incoming students for the 2023-24 school year.
GCPS PARENT PORTAL
COMMUNICATION - HOME TO SCHOOL
Author Visit-Carmen Deedy
On May 10, we will welcome author and storyteller Carmen Deedy for a visit with our Pre-K through 2nd grade students. If you would like a book signed by Carmen, please purchase the book from your favorite book store and bring it to the library by May 9.
Library Books Due Date
All student library books will be due back on Thursday, May 11, 2023.
Titans in Action
Benefield Elementary School
Shonda Stevens, Principal
Kelli O'Loughlin, Assistant Principal
Michelle Vendryes, Assistant Principal
Tammy A. Jones, Assistant Principal
Location: 1221 Old Norcross Road, Lawrenceville, GA, USA