NTZB Parent Bulletin
September 17, 2021
Hello New Tech Families,
I hope this newsletter finds you well adjusted to our new school year! I want to thank all our parents who reached out to our teachers and participated in our virtual parent-teacher conferences last night. We are happy to report that most of our conference timeslots were booked which allowed many of our families to connect with staff to better support their students. If you were unable to schedule a conference, please use the attached link to our staff directory to communicate directly with a teacher to discuss your questions or concerns.
Extracurricular activities are strongly encouraged for our students. We kicked-off our clubs and activities this week by hosting a school-wide activity fair in which students learned of our varied clubs and activities specific to New Tech. With the start of afterschool activities, it is important to note that we will now run an Activity Bus for any student staying after school which departs New Tech at 3:25 every day. Next week is Homecoming week which will entail spirit days, a pep assembly, football game and a dance. Please see the informational link for more details. Again, I encourage our students to engage in these momentous high school events. I look forward to creating more great days for our students and staff!
ACTIVITY FAIR HIGHLIGHTS
Top row: National Honor Society (Mrs. Biddle), BEE Leaders (Mrs. Schuda), Fitness Club (Mr. Schachtsneider) Middle row: Sister 2 Sister (Mrs. Dayton), Art Club (Ms. Byrne), Student Government (Mr. Hutchison and Mr. Lobo) Bottom row: Healthy YOUth (Ms. Ruggles), Interact (Mr. Regnier), Black Student Union (Mrs. Dayton)
The ZBTHS Homecoming Committee Presents: THE WIZ...There's no place like homecoming!
Tickets currently on sale until Friday, September 24th (or sold out) in the Media Center. Tickets are $10 each and all student fees must be paid prior to purchasing. This is an outdoor event which will be held in the parking lot outside the ZBTHS Performing Arts Center. In case of rain, the event will be held in the ZBTHS Fieldhouse. No outside guests will be permitted to this event. Each campus will observe Spirit Week leading up to the Pep Rally on Friday, September 24th. Busses will be available to take New Tech students to the main campus to participate. Go BEES!
NATIONAL HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH
New Tech celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month! We look forward to highlighting this culture through events and activities throughout the month.
Every year from September 15 to October 15, Americans celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month by appreciating the community’s history, heritage, and contributions of the ancestors of American citizens who came from Mexico, Spain, the Caribbean, and South- and Central America. September 15 is set as the starting date for the month as it is important for many reasons. It is the independence anniversary for Latin American countries El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras. From here onwards, the independence days of Mexico and Chile fall on September 16 and September 18, respectively.
UNDERCLASSMAN PICTURE DAY
IMPORTANT DATES/UPCOMING EVENTS
- Friday, 9/24/21: Pep Assembly and Homecoming Football Game
- Saturday, 9/25/21: Homecoming Dance (6:00-9:00 PM)
- Friday, 10/8/21: End of Quarter 1
- Monday, 10/11/21: NO SCHOOL- Columbus Day Holiday
- Wednesday, 10/13/21: Fall SAT Test Day for 9th, 10th, and 11th grades- NT Early Release (TBA)
- Thursday, 11/11/21: Veteran’s Day Recognition Program-TBD (School in session)
- Tuesday, 11/23/21: NT Early Release (1:35 PM)
- Wednesday, 11/24/21: NO SCHOOL-School Holiday
- Thursday, 11/25/21: NO SCHOOL- Thanksgiving Day Holiday
- Friday, 11/26/21: NO SCHOOL- Day after Thanksgiving
- Tuesday 12/14/21: Exams- NT Early Release (1:04 PM)
- Wednesday 12/15/21: Exams- NT Early Release (1:04 PM)
- Thursday 12/16/21: Exams -NT Early Release (11:25 AM)
- Thursday 12/16/21: End of Quarter 2
- Friday 12/17/21: NO SCHOOL- School Holiday