South Central Middle School
Home of the Rebels
2016: New Year, New Goals
Six Strategies to help you set SMART goals:
A new year is a good time to set new goals. Sit down with your parents to discuss setting new goals for 2016. Parents can help you determine your strengths and needs. Use this information to set goals that are specific, measurable, action-oriented, realistic and connected to a timeline. Here are some tips from Jeff Waller to help you set goals.1. It must be YOUR goal not your parents. Make sure your goals are specific and simple.
2. Connect your goals to the ultimate exchange... happiness. Set realistic goals that you can achieve and make you happy. If you are thinking BIG, you may need to set a series of
goals that will help you achieve the ultimate target.
3. Create a list of priorities and measurable goals. Think about what your priorities are
including: family, friends, faith, health education etc... then set small meaningful goals
that will provide the greatest benefit.
4. Pay attention and recognize successes along the way, even if they are small.
5. Take action! Create a list of things you want to do to achieve your goals. You may even
want to use visual aids or technology to keep you motivated. Adding motivating photo's
to your Instagram may be beneficial.
6. Remember, you can set long-term goals and short -term goals. Imagine speaking to your
friends and family about what's important to you, what you have accomplished already,
and what you want to accomplish in the future. Thinking in terms of a timeline can help
For more information visit : Waller, Jeff. "Smart Goal Setting For Teens." 7 Mindsets. 7 Mindset, 17 Mar. 2015.
What's Happening in January
January 6: Boys and Girls Basketball HOME Lanesville
January 7: Boys Basketball AT North Harrison
January 11: Boys Basketball AT Borden
January 12: Girls Basketball HOME Parkview
January 13: Girls Basketball AT Crawford County
January 14: Boys Basketball HOME Clarksville
January 19: Girls Basketball AT Clarksville
January 20: Boys Basketball AT Hazelwood
January 21: Boys Basketball AT Our Lady of Perp. Help
January 26: Boys Basketball HOME Highland Hills
January 30: Girls County Tourney AT Lanesville
February 3: Boys and Girls Basketball HOME New Washington
February 6: Boys County Tourney HOME