Family Update OVLC 4K-6th Grade
Information for the week of 1/25 - 1/29
2020-2021 OVLC Smore
Thank you for reading our weekly update! Here are some highlights:
- Winter Conferences
- K5-6th Grade MAP Assessment Reminders
- Current 4K-3rd Grade Next Year OVLC Interest Survey (LINK)
- Important February Dates
- Process to request transferring back to Face-to-Face Instruction (for trimester 3)
- And MORE!
4K-6th Grade OVLC Principal
Important January & February Dates
January 26th, January 28th, & February 2nd... In Person MAP Assessments (details below)
Week of February 1st & 8th... Virtual MAP Assessments (details below)
Week of February 15th... Winter Conferences (information below)
February 18th (TH) & February 19th (FRI)... No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development Days
February 26th... End of 2nd Trimester (report cards posted 3/5)
Kindergarten - 6th Grade: MAP Assessment Information
For In-Person Testing:
- Please bring a headset to your assessment.
For At-Home Virtual Testing:
- 5K and 1st grade can bring their chromebooks back after they finish virtual MAP testing, or they can wait until the next pick up/drop off date.
- 5K and 1st: With students using a new type of device for the test, parent support will likely be need as testing sessions begin. We appreciate your support and partnership. More tips and communication will be sent as the dates approach.
- Please charge the Chromebook before the the assessment. It is helpful to have the Chromebook plugged in during the test.
Current 4K - Current 3rd Grade Families
As we plan for the 2021-22 school year, we are seeking feedback to inform planning for an online elementary option. We are currently looking to continue OVLC for grades 5-12 and if there is enough interest, we will move forward with K-4 program planning.
We understand it may be difficult to decide the best educational option for the next school year while we’re still in the midst of the current public health challenges. While some families chose the OVLC in 2020-21 primarily for health safety reasons, we recommend families make this decision going forward based on which educational model will be most conducive to their child’s long-term (post-pandemic) academic, social, and emotional success.
Please use this LINK to indicate interest no later than February 1st.
OVLC friends enjoying the snow!
Whitley, Kayleigh, & Georgie Snowshoeing!
Lily Celebrates Martin Luther King Jr.
Lily created a birthday card for Martin Luther King Jr.! Great job, Lily!
Transitioning Back to Face to Face
Elementary Schools and Intermediate Schools
Transition between Face-to-Face and Oconomowoc Virtual Learning Community
Third Trimester Transition
Yearbooks for 2020-21 School Year
Mrs. Lang's Virtual Office
- OVLC Calendar: Links to announcements and newsletters.
- Announcements: Emailed on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Mrs. Lang Read Aloud: Read alouds are added on Sundays. If you don't have time on Sunday, you can take a listen anytime! All of the read alouds will remain on THIS page!
Oconomowoc High School Baseball Camp
- Exploring OVLC Spiritwear options
- Exploring an OVLC Facebook page (similar to buildings) to support communication
- Generating ideas for FUN events for our students
The next PTO meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 9th at 7PM. A Zoom meeting link will be shared as the date approaches.
OLVC Library Book Pickup and Access
Students also have access to E-texts via Overdrive using their Classlink account.
Student is unable to attend any live sessions or complete any assignments for the day
Student is unable to attend live sessions but can complete work during part of the day or after 3:30 p.m.
- Contact teacher via email by 9:00 a.m.
Please contact your home school office with any questions.