Mount Holly Elementary School
One Team, One Dream…September 28 - October 2 Weekly Update
- How has the Mindset book study transferred into your teaching and student learning up to this point?
- How have you used the mindset scenarios with your students that were provided by Mrs. Veritzan and Ms. Bernard? What changes have you seen in yourself and your students?
- While we do not know if we are going to take ACT Aspire this school year, we will go ahead and start preparing our students as if we are taking ACT Aspire in regards to the timing aspect of the assessment. Please begin to incorporate 1 to 2 timed activities into your instruction each week. We need to start in kindergarten doing timed activities to help our students feel more comfortable in timed situations. Special Areas, Instructional Specialist, and Classroom teachers need to reflect the activities in lesson plans beginning October 5.
- How are we integrating across the areas including Special Areas, Instructional Specialist, and Classroom Teachers?
Think about it….
"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do."
Monday, September 28
- Canvas Training during grade level team times and Special Area/Instructional Specialist will meet at 2:45
Tuesday, September 29
- Book Study (Read p 82 - the top of 101 AND p 108 - 133)
- Also read the article "How Failure can lead to Success"
Wednesday, September 30
- Fall Fundraiser Ends
- SLO/GBE check in during grade level team time
- Mustang Round Up Goes Home
Thursday, October 1
- Child Study
- SLO/GBE check in at 2:45 for Special Areas and Instructional Specialist
Friday, October 2
- 3rd Grade Presentation-York County Conservation
- 1st and 4th grades will meet in the conference room
- 2nd and 5th grades will meet in the conference room
- Grade level teams will meet with Mrs. Simpson at 2:45 in the Media Center
- Special Areas and Instructional Specialist will meet with Mrs. Holle at 2:45 in the Art Room
- 3rd and Kindergarten Teachers will meet in the conference room
- Terrific Kids Ceremony
- International Walk to School Day Celebration (Walk at School)
- Birthday Table
- Fire Safety due for 1st and 5th grades