Title I Pre-Kindergarten
What is Title I Pre-kindergarten?
Title I pre-kindergarten programs are funded through Federal and State funds, and are free to Chandler residents who live within the school boundaries of the schools listed. Title I programming provides developmentally appropriate academic curriculum to strengthen literacy, STEM, social-emotional, communication, and physical skills with an emphasis on preparing students for Kindergarten. Four-year-olds will receive instruction in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Sciences, Art, and more! They will also experience a variety of opportunities meant to support social development, including peer and adult interaction.
Eligible children must be four-years-old by August 31st of the current school year. Children MUST be toilet trained to attend preschool.
What do I need to know?
Title I pre-kindergarten programs for 2022-2023 will be offered at:
Andersen Elementary, 8:30am-2:30pm
Bologna Elementary, 8:00am-2:30pm
Conley Elementary, 8:00am-2:30pm
Frye Elementary, 8:00am-2:30pm
Galveston Elementary, 7:50am-2:20pm
Hartford Sylvia Encinas Elementary, 8:45am-2:45pm
San Marcos Elementary, 8:00am-2:30pm
Sanborn Elementary, 8:00am-2:30pm
Shumway Leadership Academy., 8:00am-2:30pm
- Daily meal and snacks included
- Days and hours: Monday-Friday, full day
- Family must reside in a Title I boundary in order to enroll
- Daily snack and lunch is provided
- Students MUST be toilet trained*
*Pull-ups are not permitted. To be considered potty-trained, a child must be able to do ALL of the following:
-Tell an adult they have to go potty BEFORE they have to go (They must be able to say the words "I have to go potty.")
-Can INDEPENDENTLY pull down their underwear and pants and pull them back up when done
-Can INDEPENDENTLY clean their bottoms after using the toilet
-Get off the toilet by themselves
-Wash and dry their hands
-Postpone going if they must wait for someone who is in the bathroom or if outside and away from the classroom
Our preschool programs are licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, 150 N. 18th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007, 602-364-2539. Inspection reports are available at each preschool site.
- Classes taught by certified Early Childhood Education teachers
- Developmentally appropriate academic curriculum to strengthen literacy, STEM, social-emotional, communication, and physical skills
How do I get more information or help?
How can I sign up?
STEP 1: CREATE AN INFINITE CAMPUS ACCOUNT
Create an Infinite Campus Account and provide the following:
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
If you already have an Infinite Campus account, you can:
- Add Another Child - for current parents with a child attending a CUSD school and you need to add a new child (Once logged into the parent portal account, click on "more" on the left-hand side and then click "Online Registration and Annual Update.")
- Returning Parent - for parents who previously had a child enrolled in CUSD and need to re-enroll and update their account (Once logged into the parent portal account, click on "more" on the left-hand side and then click "Online Registration and Annual Update.")
STEP 2: CONTACT OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD REGISTRAR
Contact our Early Childhood Registrar via email at email@example.com
- Include your application number from Infinite Campus
STEP 3: START SCHOOL WITH US
- For information on meet-the-teacher dates, contact your school site directly.
- First day of school: July 19, 2023
- Andersen Elementary 1350 N. Pennington, Chandler, AZ 85224. Please call (480) 812-6000 to schedule an appointment.
- Bologna Elementary 1625 E. Frye Road, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 883-4000 to schedule an appointment.
- Conley Elementary 500 S. Arrowhead Drive, Chandler, AZ 85224. Please call (480) 812-6200 to schedule an appointment.
- Frye Elementary 801 E. Frye Road, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 812-6400 to schedule an appointment.
- Galveston Elementary 661 E. Galveston, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 812-6500 to schedule an appointment.
- Hartford Sylvia Encinas Elementary 700 N. Hartford, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 812-6700 to schedule an appointment.
- San Marcos Elementary 451 W. Frye Road, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 883-4200 to schedule an appointment.
- Sanborn Elementary 700 N. Superstition Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 812-7300 to schedule an appointment.
- Shumway Leadership Academy 1325 N. Shumway Avenue, Chandler, AZ 85225. Please call (480) 812-7400 to schedule an appointment.