Newsletter Term Three Week 2
Reporoa College 5th August 2022
Term 3 has started with a flourish. Students have returned from their holidays and hopefully most of the winter illnesses have moved on. With the departure of Jane Goss we have had to make a number of changes in the timetable, with Mrs Lane, Mrs Witton and Miss Macpherson picking up the extra classes. Miss Fawcett has stepped up to the role of acting Assistant Principal, with Mrs Thorpe stepping into the Nga Rangitira role for Paeroa Waka.
In the holidays it was great to see the fantastic results of the Galatea Tai Mitchell team winning the competition for the first time ever. All games were played with great enthusiasm, sportsmanship and teamwork. Well done to all involved.
Board of Trustees elections are upon us and the nominations have now closed with 7 members of the Reporoa College whanau putting their names forward. I would really encourage that everyone vote and have their say. There will be a community survey out next week seeking feedback on the school’s strategic goals, again the Board of Trustees would appreciate any input they receive.
This term is a typically busy one with sports teams going out for their competitions, senior students finishing off their internals and beginning the road to exams. The Annual Otamatea exchange and the school ball also fill the term three calendar. It is vitally important that all students need to be in school as much as possible. If they are away other than on a school trip then they are putting their progress at risk.
Have a great weekend
STEM happenings this term
Sports Round Up
Our team competed in the North Island Champs in Tauranga with a 19th, 16th and an 8th place out of 51 students. Pairs saw our team place third. Well Done and good luck for the NZ Secondary Schools.
Year 9 and 10 Netball
On Wednesday night our girls played their last pool play game went through to the semis which we lost however will be playing off for third and fourth next week. So proud of the eight of you for training so hard and showing real committment.
Was a great day for the 7 & 8 students competing at then CBOP tournament on Wednesday. The fourteen students played really well and did the school proud.
A chilly morning saw the 9 and 10s start with the water activities, followed by mountain biking, orienteering and the climbing wall. Great day and the students certainly gave it a GO as stepped out of their comfort zone and faced their fears.
REminder that AIMS, Regionals, Indoor Bowls Trip and Sports Camp need to be paid ASAP
Tai Mitchell Success
Coach and manager Eric and Ros Merriman brought the sheild along, and BOP President Steve Axtens also attended. It was so great to celebrate their successful campaign and we look forward to the future with these young men.
Thank You to our Sponsers
Harcourts Rotorua for the generous funding our Outdoor Education Equipment
Your support is greatly appreciated !
KEYSTONE TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Reporoa College Board of Trustees Triennial Elections are upon us. We have recieved seven nominations for the upcoming election. Look out in your mail boxes for voting forms. Please follow instructions carefully. Any questions please contact Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org
The current Board members are:
Kerry Pearce (Chair)
Brendan Carroll (Principal)
Catherine Silberschmidt (Staff Representative)
Alaina Ferreira (Student Representative)
SCHOOL DOCS ( Policies and Procedures for Reporoa College)
Important Term Three Dates
- 31 July - 1st August University of Otago Open Day
- 3rd August BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 3rd August BOT Parent Nominations close
- 3rd August CBOP Badminton Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 3rd August Massey University Open day
- 4th August Get2Go Yr 9/10 Rotorua
- 10th August BOT Voting papers issued
- 11th August CBOP Inter-Schools Amazing Race Rotorua
- 12th August BOPSS Snr Basketball Tauranga
- 14-15th August OTAMATEA Exchange
- 17th BOP 7s Rugby Yr 7/8 Rotorua
- 26 August Teacher Only Day
- 26 August Victoria University Open Day
- 26-29 August NZSS Indoor Bowls Champs Wellington
- 30th Aug - 3rd Sep Basketball Regionals Palmerston North
- 5th - 9th September AIMS GAMES Tauranga
- 7th September BOT Parent Election Day
- 14th September BOT takes office
- 15th September Cultural Festival -Reporoa
- 17th September School Ball
- 19th-23rd September Sports Camp Matamata
- 21st September BOT Meeting 6.30pm Board Room
- 30th September Last Day of Term 3