Causes of the...
Th events that lead to the American Revolution
Thursday, Jan. 1st 1756 at 12am
The 13 Colonies (and west of the Appalachian Mts.)
THE PROCLAMATION OF 1763
This was the law that made colonization past the Appalachian Mts. Illeagle. After the colonists fought for this land , they were enraged to find that they could not use it. This land was fertile and vast (it was bigger than the colonies).The Proclomation of 1763 was one of the first steps to revolution.
The Sugar, Quatering and Stamp Acts
Tea Act and the after Party
This law placed a tax on the East India Tea company in order to save the company, but the colonists mainly drank tea so this angred them. So Samuel Adams and the Sons of LIberty decided to fight back . They did this by going to the habor dressed as Indians and they threw barrels after barrels of tea into the ocean. The amount of tea lost is equivilent to 2 million dollars today.
The Coercive Acts 1774 (Intolerable Acts)
This cartoon means...
It had to be a really loud shot.
Based on the video above, answer the following questions
- What was the initial event that started the revolution?
- In the chorus, he lists many reasons, name two of them.
- What happened at the battles of Lexington and Concord?
Based on what you found on the website above, answer the following questions.
- What was the Boston Tea party? What caused it?
- The Boston Tea Party caused what? What did this do?
- What was the first Continental congress? Why did they form?