June 11, 2021
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER, TAMANEND!
UPCOMING TAMANEND EVENTS
Reminder--Laptop Collection for Current 9th Graders
The Technology and Innovation Department is preparing to collect all devices from students in grades K-6, 9, and 12. We hope this device helped your family with increased access to teaching and learning. The Technology and Innovation Department will be using the summer to update and clean these devices. Ninth Graders will be re-issued a laptop in time for 10th Grade.
Tamanend students attending in-person will be handing laptops in at school on June 8 and June 9. Tamanend virtual students will return their laptops on/after the last day of school to the Tamanend Main Office.
Please be sure your child is able to locate their laptop, charger, and pen (if applicable).
Laptop bags do not need to be returned. Your child will be reusing this bag next year.
If there are any technical issues with the device, please be sure to place a help desk ticket so we can resolve the issue prior to summer.
All hotspots must be returned with the device (if applicable).
Please remove any non-CBSD stickers or USB devices from laptops before returning.
Missing Accessories: Please go to MyPayments Plus to pay for items that were lost or damaged while in your possession. Bring a receipt with you as proof of payment. This receipt can be given to or emailed to Mrs. Donna Kirkpatrick (email@example.com) in the Tamanend Main Office.
Laptop users: Your AC adapter must be a manufacturer-issued (Lenovo or HP) charging cable. Generic brands are not acceptable.
Device Pens: All laptops must be returned with a pen.
Devices/Accessories not Returned: If a student does not return their device, hotspot, pen or charger a usage fee will be issued per student. Devices not returned will be disabled and unusable.
Thank you for your support and understanding in helping to make this process as smooth as possible.
- Tamanend’s registration for Fall sports will open on August 1st. All registrations must be done on Family ID.
- PIAA physicals for next school year must be dated after June 1, 2021. Please be sure you are using the UPDATED version which can be found HERE. Don’t wait until the end of the summer to see your pediatrician as appointments are often difficult to get at that time.
- Details can be found on Tamanend’s athletics web site, and please continue to monitor the Athletics section of the newsletter for additional information about Fall sports.
FROM CB SOUTH:
- There will be an interest meeting for the CB South Cross Country Team on Tuesday 6/15 at 3:00pm via Teams. Please see below for the QR code and additional information.
- Students and Parents: CB South Ice Hockey Middle School program will be holding evaluations on the following days:
Tuesday August 31st - 7:20 PM (Hatfield Blue Rink)
Thursday September 2nd - 7:20 PM (Hatfield Blue Rink)
Pre-skates are being planned in August leading up to the evaluations.
The program is available for students in grades 5 thru 8. If interested, please contact Mike Cannon so that appropriate information may be sent to you. Mike's contact info is 215-805-8632 or firstname.lastname@example.org. CB South Ice Hockey has had tremendous success in its 17 seasons and would love for you to be part of that winning tradition
Fall 2021 Cross Country Interest Meeting
Tuesday June 15th at 3pmJoin the Teams link by clicking HERE
Contact Head Coaches:
-GIRLS: Coach Fantini, email@example.com
-BOYS: Coach Simpson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Assistance During the Summer Months
At Tamanend, we are committed to ensuring that all students and families always have enough to eat. Please find the information below regarding food assistance during the summer months. Tamanend partners with the CB Farmer's Market at Barclay. We will be sending communications during the summer months regarding CB Farmer's Market events. Additionally, please contact any of the Tamanend staff members below so that may assist you with any food needs at any time during summer:
Dr. Brian Caughie (Principal) email@example.com
Mr. Kyle Dudley (Assistant Principal) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Andrea Consoletti (Guidance Secretary) email@example.com
Summer Meal Program Free to All CB Students
Congratulations, 7th Grade Team Award Winners!
Both the Journey and Legacy Teams celebrated the end of our school year with recognition assemblies on Thursday. Despite the challenges they faced this year, our Tamanend seventh graders quickly adapted to middle school life and became an integral part of our school community. We are so proud of them! The teams are pleased to recognize the recipients of our team award plaques. The Journey Award recipients were Araiza D., Callie M., Nino M. and Gianni P. The recipients of the Legacy Award are Vincent D. Cassie K., Jilliane L., and Luke P. These individuals have grown not only as students but as citizens of their community and school, making valuable contributions as they journeyed through the challenges of seventh grade. They will surely leave a legacy and will continue to motivate others through their hard work, persistence, and dedication.
Congratulations, Boomerang Nominees!
The Boomerang Youth Recognition Award is a district wide program which recognizes and honors youth in our community for exemplifying and living by the chosen asset for each month of the school year.
For the month of May, the asset was positive view of personal future— Recognizing a young person who is optimistic about their personal future.
Congratulations to all the following nominees: Abhay Chathuruthy, Colin Chelak, Kaylee Conner, Dallas DeBlasis, Keira Endy, Jaina Grous, Tristan Harvey, Damien Hauck, Mitchell Hooker, Oliver Hunt, Madelyn Jefferys, Keira Kelly, Rylee Kingeter, Brynn LaRosa, Isabella Lee, Joshua Lee, Jillianne Leyson, Brian Mahony, Richard Mahony, Lane McLaughlin, Avery Merz, Erin Morton, Grant Muldoon, Lakshay Naresh, Luke Punchello, Delaney Rowe, Anushka Saha, Deanna Salerno, Brady Sell, Gwendolynn Sineni, Apporva Siragavarapu, Hannah Tracy, Gabriella Tropea, Lucas Tyson, James Vargason, Gianna Vinciguerra, Jacob Warshaw, Mya Weiskopf, Layla Wood, Jayani Yate
In an effort to generate enthusiasm for reading during the summer months, our summer reading program provides students with CHOICES.
Our goal is to have students reading on a regular basis because they choose to do so. When students are interested and engaged in a book, reading becomes a meaningful part of their lives. For this reason, we encourage students to choose books that interest them.
We encourage you to be involved in conversations with your child about the book(s) they choose to read. When family plays an active role in their child’s reading life, students can witness firsthand the role reading can play in their lives.
Students in Grades 7-9 at Tamanend Middle School are encouraged to read one or more fiction, nonfiction book or graphic novel of their choice. In the Fall, students will participate in fun activities surrounding Summer Reading. You can find the Tamanend Summer Reading Sway here. The list of books in the Sway was generated to help students spark some ideas for summer reading. Remember, students may select books listed in the Sway OR any title of their choosing, as long as it is middle-school appropriate.
Thank you for being an important part of our reading community!
Congratulations, 7th Grader Alaina Ahuja
Tamanend 7th Grader Alaina Ahuja is passionate about technology. While in 7th grade she developed an Alexa voice skill for the school district which is now used by many students and parents(skill name is CBSD ). In recognition for Alaina's contribution through her unique ability at such a young age, Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick requested American flag flown over Capitol Hill and the flag was flown last October. This summer Alaina is planning to teach her skills to local students through Bucks County Library. Congratulations, Ahuja.
Share Good News About Tamanend Students
Reminder--CB Save the Music 2021
CB Save the Music 2021:
Virtual concert release this weekend!
Here’s how to watch and/or help the cause:
- This Saturday, at 2 PM, we will be hosting a live “watch party” of the concert in the Holicong auditorium. It is a free event, and all information is on the attached “release” flier.
- Also beginning on Saturday, the entire concert will be available to stream from our district website: https://www.cbsd.org/vh1
- There is no paywall to watch – you can just check it out for free.
- Donate to the Save The Music Foundation using the QR code or the direct link.
- The QR code can be found on the attached flier and will take you directly to a donation site that the STM Foundation has set up for us. (or click here: https://donate.savethemusic.org/give/263296/#!/donation/checkout?c_src=CentralBucksSD.)
- We are hoping to raise $10,000 this year. Note that with the first $3,000 raised we will officially cross the $250,000 mark in total donations!!!
FROM OUR MUSIC DEPARTMENT
Reminder--CB Summer Music Camps
QUOTES AROUND TAMANEND
FROM OUR GUIDANCE OFFICE
Reminder--Teen Mental Health Check In Group
FROM OUR CAFETERIA
Reminder--Free & Reduced Lunch/Breakfast Application
UPCOMING DISTRICT & COMMUNITY EVENTS
Bucks For Kids Charity 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
Beat summer boredom! CBSD's community school is offering summer sports camps, mock trial, music & arts camps, and many other activities - register through MyPaymentsPlus at https://www2.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome beginning May 17!
RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Help with Resources
If you are experiencing a financial hardship, please know that the staff members listed below can help you and your family. We can provide assistance with food, clothing, field trips, student fees, internet access, and other issues. Please don't hesitate to contact us:
Brian Caughie, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Dudley, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Lauren Myrtetus, Certified School Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Klein, Guidance Counselor email@example.com
Mandy Cammann, Guidance Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Reminder--Bucks County Health Human Services Hub
Reminder--Shriner's Children's Pediatric Fracture and Sports Injury Care at Doylestown Hospital
Reminder--Food Pantry at Warrington Fellowship Church
GETTING INVOLVED AND STAYING CONNECTED WITH TAMANEND
Ways to Stay Connected with Tamanend
Here is a list of ways Tamanend communicates with students, families, and the community:
- Tamanend website: includes important information, resources, calendar of school events, and daily announcements
- Calendar of school events (posted on our website)
- Daily announcements (scrolling on TV screens during school day and posted on our website)
- TV show (weekly, during Advisory period)
- Email blasts from Tamanend administration regarding important news, new procedures, and reminders
- Parent Portal: student information, grades, and attendance
- Tamanend Connections newsletter: useful information, important reminders, and school highlights emailed weekly during school year and posted on Tamanend website
- Twitter: @CBTamanendMS highlights of activities, events, and daily life at Tamanend
- CBSD app: highlights of activities, events, and daily life in Central Bucks
Para nuestras familias hispanohablantes...
¡Bienvenidos a Tamanend! Yo soy Brian Caughie, Director de Tamanend Middle School. Soy hispanohablante. Pasé mucho de mi vida en España. Estoy aquí para apoyarles a todos los estudiantes y familias en Tamanend. Favor de llamarme or escribirme (en inglés o en español) si Ud. tiene cualquier duda o pregunta.
Correo electrónico: email@example.com
Oficina: (267) 893-2900