Symmes Elementary School
Remote Learning Information
November 24, 2020
Important Information About Remote Learning
- Your child's teacher will email you a Weekly Learning Plan to assist with remote learning no later than Sunday evening, November 29th.
- If you have technology issues, contact the Technology Help Desk at 513-686-1793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance will be taken during remote learning. You should call the attendance line as you normally would (513-686-1707, option 6) to report a student's absence. You can also send an email to email@example.com. Parents will be notified if their child is not in attendance. Please also email your child's teacher if your child cannot attend a live session.
- In order for us to accurately assess our student and staff health data during the break and remote learning, we encourage families to report any suspected, probable, or confirmed cases of COVID-19, as well as any quarantines to our attendance line, at 513- 686-1707, option 1.
Students who receive additional support will continue to receive services including ESOL support, intervention, special education instruction, school counseling, speech and language therapy, and occupational therapy. Providers will reach out to families to share scheduled times for instruction.
- Our school building will be closed the week of November 29th but you can still contact us. Please feel free to email the office staff or your child's teacher with any concerns.
Some email addresses that might come in handy:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jessica Ralston, Assistant Principal)
email@example.com (Katie Greene, Interim Assistant Principal)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Beth Hill, School Counselor)
email@example.com (Julie Ferron, School Nurse)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Alyssa Schmeling, Secretary)
email@example.com (Jennifer Shomo, Secretary)
Free Meals During Remote Learning Week
For face-to-face learning families who still would like to have access to free meals during the week of November 30-December 4 while the district is operating a remote model, Sycamore Child Nutrition will be offering 5 days worth of breakfast and lunch for curbside pickup on Tuesday, December 1.
These meals need to be PRE-ORDERED. If you have other children in the household that are between the ages of 1-18 you can request meals for them as well even if they are not Sycamore students.
Pre- Order your meals HERE.
Pick up will be at whatever school is requested, but we prefer the oldest student’s home school when possible. The deadline to sign up is Sunday November 29th at midnight.
If you still need access to meals, but these times will not work for your schedule, please contact Kelsey Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Child Nutrition Office at (513) 686-1796.
This information is for face-to-face learning families only. Virtual Families will sign up and pick up at their normal time and location on Wednesday December 2nd. All information on VIRTUAL student meals can be found here.