A WORD TO THE WISE...
PLC and ACTIVE START - These both will start back up on Monday. Rotation reminder is
M - 3, T - 4, W - K, Th - 1, and F - 2.
* WESTERN ART SHOW - Saturday is the Western Art Show at Oak Ridge 9th from 11-12:30. If you get a chance, drop by, support Dusti and our students, and browse the amazing pieces of art that are on display!
* SPRING STAFF DEVELOPMENT PLANNING - We will be meeting on Monday in the library at 3:30 to plan the Monday on campus staff development opportunities for the rest of the school year. We are looking for people to join us so that we schedule topics that meet your needs.
* WEDNESDAY SHIRTS - If your Wednesday shirt is like mine, it is starting to look a little worn. Thus, I am going to adapt the Wednesday acceptable shirt. You can wear any ORE shirt that looks nice. :) OR you can wear a team shirt, if your team has one. Just make sure that the shirt you choose doesn't look more worn out than your current Wednesday shirt.
* TECHNOLOGY STAFF DEVELOPMENT - Lisa will be here on Wednesday to meet with you during your planning time to talk about the google drive for ORE. Please report to the library for this training.
TUTORIALS - We are going to do two rounds of after school tutorials in the spring. These will be on Tuesday and Thursday. This will be for third and fourth graders. We are in need of ALL to help us so that we can serve as many students as possible. They are paid positions. If you are interested in participating in tutorials, please email me and let me know. The first session will run from Jan 29 - March 7.
* BUILDING OPEN - The building will be open tomorrow from 8-3.
* TPOI - K- 2 teachers, if you have not taken the TPOI course, get with Kara.
* TELPAS - If you are new to Oak Ridge this year, Kara needs your certificate stating that you passed Calibration last year so that you can be exempt from the Basic Online Training.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW - IMPACT FEBRUARY 9
Yearly, Junior League of North Harris County and South Montgomery County offer a guest speaker to teacher/staff in area district, including CISD. This year the event will take place on Saturday, February 9 with doors opening at 8 and presentation starting at 9. DR. RICK RIGSBY will be the guest speaker this year. I've included a clip from him so that you can hear what we are in for that morning. If you are interested in attending, the link to Eduphoria registration is below. He sounds amazing!!!
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
* LaVerne Baugus - for helping me hand my handprint tree! - Dusti
* Dusti Moran - decorating the #oneword wall and creating the amazing tree display! - Tami
* Mirena - thanks for helping me out right away twice on Tuesday! You are very much appreciated! - Missy G.
* Lisa Jones - Thank for all your help during math and having so much fun at the same time. - Missy G.
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
12 - Western Art Show
14 - Staff Development after school
15 - Audra Sims' birthday
16 - Technology Staff Development during planning
18 - Math Review Quiz
21 - MLK Holiday
22 - Site Based (CORE) - during the morning
23 - SOURCE Meeting (Foundations)
24 - Gretchen Montgomery visit
25 - Poster Method Day
26 - CISD Health Fair
27 - Macy Montalvo's birthday
28 - Faculty Meeting
29 - Tami out to Curriuculum Meeting