Happy Thanksgiving to Our Families!
I want to thank all of the families who took time to complete the survey on remote learning. I am happy to say that we had 49 responses out of 66 families. I really appreciate your feed back. Thank you also for your understanding, support, and kind words. Overwhelmingly, it is evident that families are supportive of the need to go remote for a few weeks (Okay...24.5 days of instruction). I know that none of us like this and that it is more challenging on some families/students than others, but this is the best way to try to keep everyone as safe as possible and to isolate the teachers so that we do not have to interrupt learning and have constant interruptions to the daily schedule (onsite) for families due to illness and quarantine in our staff.
We had a range of responses from our survey but most of you either wanted to go remote or understood the wisdom in going remote, even if you didn't necessarily want to do it. There were a handful of families who expressed concern over a young student having to do Zoom (especially 1st grade). I totally understand that and please know that we will do our very best to make the learning as engaging as possible and will utilize small groups for breakouts and during cohorts. Naturally, there will be hiccups along the way, but we will deal with them as they occur. Thank you for all you are doing to make this work in your household. We know that "in person" is the ideal way to learn and we remain committed to returning to that mode asap. Currently, the case rate in Pierce County is 314/100,000 and we are supposed to be under 75/100,000 for in person learning. Hopefully, we can get that rate down soon!
With all that being said, we WILL be going remote for grades 1 - 8 beginning this Monday, Nov. 30th. With respect to the daily schedule, typically, students will be in full groups from 8 am - 12 pm and then in small cohort groups from 1 pm - 3 pm on certain days. Cohorts will still be happening in the afternoons, they will just be done virtually. Please look for more information this weekend (via email), as the teachers are continuing to refine how they do cohorts to make them as effective and engaging as possible. They will send you a schedule, Zoom links, and anything else you need beginning Monday, Nov. 30th. Remember, Pre-K and K will continue to be onsite full days, but if you have any health concerns that make onsite learning challenging or concerning for your family, please contact the teacher so that you can discuss options for remote learning in those grades, as necessary for your child/ren.
We are committed to making these 25 days off campus as great as they can be so that we can all be together again when it is safer to do so (beginning Tuesday, Jan. 19th) . Please know that we are still here to partner with you and your child/ren, so please contact myself, the teachers or any of our staff if you need anything. We want to wish you and your entire family a wonderful, blessed, and healthy Thanksgiving break. We are thankful for you!
The Ice Cream Racer (Made by 8th Grade and Fr. Michael)
- Wed, Nov. 25th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Thurs, Nov. 26th - No School for Thanksgiving Break, Thanksgiving Day Mass at 10 am in the Church
- Fri, Nov. 27th - No School for Thanksgiving Break
- Fri, Dec. 4th - End of Trimester 1
- Fri, Dec. 11th - Report Cards Mailed Home, Fulcrum Applications DUE
- Fri, Dec. 18th - Noon Dismissal
- Mon, Dec. 21st - Fri, Jan. 1st - No School
- Mon, Jan. 4th - Pre-K and K return in person and 1st - 8th grade return to remote instruction
- Mon, Jan. 18th - No School for Dr. MLK, Jr. Day
- Tues, Jan. 19th - Return to In Person Instruction/Hybrid for 1 - 8
Tuition Assistance Grants for 2021-22
- Click on the following link: https://online.factsmgt.com (either enter your acct or create a new one)
- All applications must be received AND verified (with all necessary tax and other documents uploaded and received by Fulcrum) by Dec. 11th.
- Tax returns or W2s are required to verify applications
- Please include all expenses because this helps to qualify you against your income
- Notifications will be made in late Feb or early March.
- The amount for each child who qualifies is $1300 for the school year
- The processing fee for the application is $29 and must be paid to complete the process
- Whether you think you will qualify or not, you MUST apply in order to request ANY financial assistance through the school for the 2021-22 school year.
- Don't miss the deadline!
- Please, please, please contact Ms. Nina with ANY questions. We are here to help!!