Another Successful Series of "First Days"
- First day in August for everyone (mostly virtual)
- 2 days of Kindergarten first days (T/Th students and W/F students)
- 2 days of First Grade first days
- 2 days of Second/Third Grade first days
- 2 days of Fourth/Fifth Grade first days
Our students have done an absolutely AMAZING job following our teachers directions to ensure they are safe throughout the day. It is very apparent that you all as parents reviewed safety measures that we put into place before they arrived, so we thank you for that!
There is some very important information below regarding safety and schedule reminders, but there is also information about an opportunity to change your 4th quarter preference for your child.
Read Across America Week!
We also have a spirit week this week! See below! We encourage everyone to post their pictures on social media under the post of your child participating in these daily fun days!
IMPORTANT - Daily Health Screener
Parents/Guardians: Please complete this short check each morning before your student leaves his/her home to report to school (see photo below). Here is the link to the PWCS website that has the screener in different languages:
Also, please remember that if your child has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 they should not come to school.
Please let us know if your child has a positive test or is a primary contact, even if they are completely virtual only students. You can call the school and speak with Nurse Kathy.
Early Dismissal? Before 3:00pm please
We are asking you once again to please pick up your child before 3:00pm due to complexity of two waves of dismissals and maintaining safety protocols are all times.
Information about 4th quarter learning preference coming from PWCS
We continue to follow PWCS guidance as it relates to in-person learning. Those requesting to return to in-person learning before the 4th quarter will be discussed on a case by case basis focusing on the needs of the student. For example, if a child is working significantly below grade level and there is space in the classroom, they would be considered for in-person learning before the 4th quarter. Administration works closely with teachers to determine the feasibility of these requests.
New Bell Time Reminder
- As you are aware, we have two waves of arrival...wave #1 (9:15am bell time) is car riders, van riders, and some bus riders. Wave #2 (9:45am bell time) is ONLY bus riders. Please check ParentVUE for updated information on pick up and drop off times.
- We cannot change waves for pick ups as this was determined by transportation based on a lot of factors, including but not limited to location, density of students in a neighborhood, traffic patterns to and from school, bus capacity, and more.
- Breakfast and lunch will continue to be FREE to ALL students this year. All students are offered breakfast in the morning on their way to class.
- We are still able to maintain 6 ft of distance in the cafeteria, so all students will be eating in there at this time.
Virtual Book Fair
Dear Parents and Families:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be held online this spring, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Our Virtual Fair features:
- A fully Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the joy of the Book Fair experience! Browse nearly 300 titles by grade, meet popular authors, watch book videos, and discover the magic of reading
- Direct access to over 6,000 additional titles with family-friendly prices at the Scholastic Store Online
- Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards for every purchase!)
Fair Dates: March 15th-March 28th
We can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
Advisory Council Meeting
Tuesday, March 2nd, 6:30pm
15500 Learning Lane
Our monthly Parent Advisory Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 2nd at 6:30pm via Zoom. The link to join is below. Here is a general agenda for our meeting:
- An SCA leader will give an update on their most recent initiatives
- Principal Report - Mr. Baldwin will give an update on the budget and how the return of our 4th and 5th graders went
- Nurse Stevens will briefly review the processes that we follow from a health/safety standpoint
- Citizens’ time - allotted time to hear from parents
Thank you for continued support of Haymarket Elementary School!
Meeting ID: 898 8723 8889
Tuesday, March 23rd, 6:30pm
15500 Learning Lane
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 862 4675 3333
HAYMARKET PTO NEEDS YOUR HELP!
At the conclusion of the 2021 school year all PTO Board positions will become vacant and we need your help to fill them so that we can continue to put on all the fun events we have.
Without your help, there will be no Bingo nights, Boosterthon, spirit nights or family dance. Parent involvement is critical for a successful school and volunteering as a PTO officer or a committee chair for the 2021-2022 school year is one way you can make Haymarket Elementary the best it can be. There are jobs that take no more than a couple hours a month, some that are seasonal, and a few that require a routine year-round commitment. Please see the below positions and descriptions of where help is needed for next year.
- President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Event Coordinator
For more information, please consider coming to our next PTO meeting on Tuesday, March 23rd at 6:30pm or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome March! We are looking forward to Spring! As always, Mrs. Schenck, Mrs. Criser, and Ms. Scott are always happy to speak with you! Check out office hours Tuesday-Thursday from 12:15 pm-1:15 pm via zoom!
We love seeing you during Encore and sharing very important lessons with you, like Growth Mindset! 4th and 5th grade parents, ask your child what a bubblegum brain is!
March 2nd is National Read Across America Day! Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
SCA is doing teacher shout outs! Be sure to check out the News Show! You can give your teacher a shout out by emailing HMESemail@example.com
As we take on another transition in the school year, think of goals that you want to come accomplish! Make sure they are SMART goals! Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound!
Online Kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year will open on March 22nd and run through April 23rd. Families moving into PWCS after April 23rd will be able to register their Kindergartener after this date. Parents whose child is currently enrolled in a PWCS preschool program (preschool or special education) do not need to complete the registration process. Instead, they should contact our registrar (Mrs. DeBoer, firstname.lastname@example.org) if they are zoned for Haymarket ES (if not, contact your child's base school).