The Beginning of Civil War
Fort Sumter is located on an island not far from South Carolina, to guard the Charleston Harbor
Generals: P.G.T. Beauregard general of the confederate and Robert Anderson general of the union
- The War occurred April 12, 1861- April 14, 1861
- Fort Sumter was the first battle of the American Civil War
- It was the intense Confederate artillery bombardment of Robert Anderson's, 85 men, Union army.
- Located in Charleston, South Carolina
- The fort was captured on April 14, 1861, General Anderson surrendered to the Confederacy
The Confederate Army General - P.G.T. Beauegard
Union Army General who surrendered to the CSA. Robert Anderson
Land that surrounds Fort Sumter, and routes to get through it.
The surrender of Fort Sumter