Great News at P'ville Elementary!
P'ville Elem. Scores High Marks on Iowa State Report Card
Pleasantville Elementary Earns High Performing Rank
In 2015, Pleasantville Elementary earned a "Commendable" ranking, placing it in the Top 35% of all schools in the state. This year, Pleasantville Elementary earned a "High-Performing" ranking, placing it in the Top 11% of all schools statewide. Pleasantville Elementary performed exceptionally well in all categories, beating the state average in College/Career Readiness Growth, Annual Expected Growth, Daily Attendance, and Staff Retention; significantly beating the state average in Iowa Assessment proficiency scores, and crushing the state average in closing the gap among various groups (socio-economic and special education). Here are some comparisons:
Pleasantville Elementary outperformed ...
* all schools but one in our present athletic conference (Bedford)
* every school in our future athletic conference
* every elementary in Marion County
* every elementary in Indianola
* six of eight elementary schools in Waukee
* all eight West Des Moines elementary schools
* 8 of 9 Ankeny elementary schools
* all elementary schools in Dallas Center-Grimes and Norwalk
* all 6 elementary schools in Johnston
* and 90% of all elementary schools in Heartland AEA.
For more information on the Iowa School Report Card, visit the Iowa Department of Education's website or this link: http://reports.educateiowa.gov/schoolreportcard/home/index/~
While we are honored to do so well, Pleasantville Elementary values much more than performance on high-stakes tests. Nonetheless, congratulations to our Pleasantville Elementary students, teachers and support staff for always doing your best!