Physician Assistant in Neurosurgery
A Physician Assistant in Neurosurgery:
- Performs patient histories.
- Helps with treatment plans.
- Serves as an assistant in surgery.
- Assists with all neurological procedures.
- Manages post-operative care.
- Works under supervision of the neurosurgeon.
- Closes deep and superficial wounds.
- Handles discharge planning and dictates discharge summaries.
- Post graduate surgical residency
- High Point University
- East Carolina University
- Duke University
- NC: $78,782 - $111,461
- FL: $71,743 - $101,501
- CA: $85,917 - $121,555
- Employment is predicted to grow much faster than average at a rate of 38% between 2012 and 2022
- Job opportunities are especially high in inner-city and rural areas.
The UVM Medical Center: Melissa S Naef, PA, Neurosurgery Physician Assistant, Burlington VT