Happy New Year!
Welcome back to school my amazing students! I hope you had a wonderful break.
- This week we have our District Quarterly Assessment. We will review our focus standards on 1/5 and 1/6. The test will be administered on 1/7.
- Ms. Baer will be out all of next week - we will treat our class as a virtual classroom. We will go over how to interact with Ms. Baer and how to complete the assignment on Friday.
- We have no school next Friday (1/15) or the following Monday (1/18). Enjoy your four-day weekend :)
Weekly Learning Goal
Show proficiency in:
- determining word meaning and word choice (connotation v. denotation) and why author's choose specific words
- analyzing the structure of a text (i.e. pacing, plot, suspense)
- understand an author's point of view or purpose in writing a text and how they advance it
- analyze how claims or points are developed throughout a piece of writing
Thursday, January 7
DISTRICT QUARTERLY ASSESSMENT TODAY! Go to Room 102 :)