Mission Elementary Weekly News
September 5, 2021
Dear Mission Families: Thank you to all the families who attended Wednesday's Back-to-School event. Below are links to our general meeting and all grade level presentation. As we enter the fourth week of school, please accept our sincere gratitude for:
- Ensuring that your student(s) bring a clean, properly fitting mask to school every day.
- Informing your child's teacher by 2:00 when you need to change the way you pick your student (by car or walking).
- Helping us speed up dismissal by showing a large sign with your student's grade and name.
- Respectful interactions with staff and other parents/caregivers.
Beginning-of-the-year presentations about school, your student's class and counseling:
General Meeting: Presentation
Transitional Kinder: English and Spanish Presentation
TK-5th Special Education Team: English and Spanish Presentation
Upcoming Minimum Day Tuesday
Health and Safety:
NO COVID-19 TESTING on Monday, September 6, Labor Day
If we can proactively respond to these five calls to action, then we can dramatically reduce the impact of quarantine on all students.
- Notify your school immediately if your child or any member of your household becomes ill with COVID-19.
- Keep your child home from school if they have ANY of the symptoms listed on the decision tree guidelines (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea).
- Keep your child home from school if they are unvaccinated AND were in close contact with someone who has tested positive. They should NOT return to in-person learning until finishing their quarantine according to our OUSD Quarantine Guidelines. This includes close contact with someone living in the home who is positive.
- Do not send your child back to school if the child or anyone in the household is awaiting a COVID-19 test result. Only send your child back if they have a negative test result or if they have completed the entire quarantine period.
- Have your child vaccinated if they are 12 to 17 years old. Remember, your child will not need to be quarantined if they come in close contact at school if they are fully vaccinated and asymptomatic. The vaccination will keep them in school and able to participate in all of the extracurricular activities like athletics, band, dance, ASB, etc.
Testing: OUSD provides free COVID-19 testing to students and staff at the following locations, days, and times:
Oceanside HS & El Camino HS - Mondays & Thursdays, 8:00am-3:00pm
Libby Elementary & ESS (2080 Mission Ave.) - Mondays & Thursdays, 9:30am-4:00pm
ESS - Wednesdays 1:00pm - 4:00pm (reserved for staff)
Testing is voluntary.
Register for your test and sign up for secure access to your results within 24-48 hours using the link: https://oside.testscheduler.net/register
School Site Council (SSC) Parent Representatives
Maria Bautista, Rachel Newton and Sandra Sanchez - Serving year 2 of a 2 year position
Angelica Cruz and Amanda Nelson - Serving year 1 of a 2 year position