The Mane Place for Lion News
Secondary Campus Newsletter - Jan 30, 2023
In this Newsletter....
- Congratulate our Student Achievements
- Know anyone interested in attending LPS next year? There will be an open house Friday, Feb. 3rd. Invite them for a 1 hr community service credit.
- We need help with our Parent Patrol!
- 📅No School on Wednesday, Feb 1 - Staff Development Day for SECONDARY campus only
- Dress Code Reminder - no hoodies, sweatpants or hats allowed in the building.
- 🔽Scroll down for information on our upcoming 🥳 SOCIAL nights 🥳
- February 17 is an early dismissal day!
- Subscribe to our EVENTS CALENDAR
Leadership Prep School Open House
LPS Parent Pride Patrol!
Don't know what LPS Parent Pride Patrol is? It is a program for parents to be involved and servant lead. It's an easy job, you are actively present, slightly intimidating, yet friendly and you get to wear a cool vest and have a Walkie Talkie. The Pride Patrol is a welcome presence in the hallways, stairwells and lunchroom. Parents can greet students, build rapport, check for hall passes and monitor safety. The time commitment is minimal. Time slots are in 30-minute increments. Sign up for one or several!
We currently have Pride Patrol on Mondays and Fridays.
Steps to get started:
- If you haven't already done so for this year, you will need to complete the yearly background check (this information is kept confidential) before serving (you don't hear back unless there is an issue)
Show up for your time slot(s) at the Secondary Front Office. You will need to check in with your ID. There will be a special place to get your Pride Patrol vest and Walkie Talkie.
- Review this list of things to look for and do while on patrol
Cold Weather - Dress Code Notice
For the complete dress code, please see the student handbook here or on the website: https://www.lpsfrisco.com/Page/112
LPS Student named State Finalist - Business Professionals of America
Our Business Professionals of America competed in 4 categories this year: Legal Terminology, Medical Terminology, Prepared Speech, and Desktop Publishing! One of our high school students scored well enough to advance to state!
Be a Judge!
We need you! This year our State Leadership Conference will be in Dallas, Texas, March 2-5, 2023. We are looking for volunteers to fill our judged events and assist us with our conference to review projects and presentations from the most outstanding young leaders in Texas. Winners will advance to the National Leadership Conference.
If you are able to assist us as a judge, please contact our Judges Coordinator, Sharon Shuler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for believing in us!
Yearbook Defending their National Recognition!
This year's team has 2 senior editors: Project Manager Ramya Potula and Senior Creative Editor Anne Cross. The Yearbook club is over 20 people that volunteer their time to submit photos!
Share your positive interactions with the staff by giving them a virtual High Five! Submit this form for teachers and administrators to receive your thanks!
Accelerated Instruction on Saturday!
Community Service Hours are Required EACH Semester
To access the volunteer app, sign in here: https://app.helperhelper.com/
We have events listed every Friday evening with Generations Hope from 5:30-8:30. More information is on the Helper Helper website/app!
Community Service Requirements
Don't know where to start volunteering? Click here for a library of links to different volunteer opportunities.
Opportunities for Parent Partnership:
- We are always looking for guest speakers! Particularly the course of our 8th-grade careers looks to offer these for the students a few times every nine weeks. If you're interested in this please reach out to email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent Pride Patrol! The Pride Patrol is a welcome presence in the hallways, stairwells and lunchroom. Parents can greet students, build rapport, check for hall passes and monitor safety. The time commitment is minimal. Time slots are in 30-minute increments on Mondays and Fridays. Sign up using the link above!
Yearbook is entirely student driven!
Middle School (7/8) Valentine's Social
Friday, February 10th
9th-10th Grade Valentine Social
Friday, February 10th
See links below for helpful calendars and handbook information.
Parent Student Handbook
Parent Portal for Grades