New Families/Kindergarten Information
Week of September 27, 2015 - October 03
Reminder--Monday Morning Meet in MPR
Conferences Week = Early Dismissal!
Students will dismissed at 1:30 this week!
- School Day is 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Be sure to check in with your room reps about the the conference expectations. If it is a parents only conference, you will need to organize supervision for your child while you meet with the teacher.
- A common solution is to check with the family that meets just before you or after you and trade off watching the kids play while the adults rotate through the meetings.
- This first conference of the year is the "intake" conference. It is a time for setting goals, reviewing student progress and asking questions
Frenetic Friday this Week!
This Friday, October 02, 2015 is an amazingly packed full of fun Friday!
- FAMILY LUNCH DAY
- Picture Day (more details below)
- Dad's Club Pasta Feed Fundraiser (more details below)
Due Wednesday, September 30th!
Fall Fundraiser -- MIXED BAGS
Check out the online catalog of options available through "Mixed Bags"
Remember: free shipping code : WASHINGTON
The first Friday of each month is Family Lunch Day.
School Directory Information
You should have received a notice from your room reps last week about going online and updating your Directory preferences. Ideally this should have been done by Friday the 25th, BUT....just in case...
Review your profile information to ensure that your family information is reflected appropriately in the printed directory. Click "Edit Your Profile Visibility" if you want to hide information from the directory.
- If you have any questions or have unique directory needs, please email: email@example.com
Lights! Camera! SMILE!
the photo package order forms were sent home already. This year, Washington Elementary School will use Generations School Photography. You can order prints by completing the order form page that you received and providing a check on picture day OR you can order online at https://gsp-photos.schooldayphoto.com/ and select "Washington Elementary" from the drop down menu.
Based on my past experience, when using the paper order form, students turn these in to their teachers at the start of the day for safe keeping and then the teachers will redistribute them for the students to hold and present to the photographers when needed.
Each class has a scheduled time for photos and will go to the MPR where they can expect to see about 3 photo booths. Students will be instructed to get in any of the lines and photos will be taken in an orderly fashion. There will also be a class group photo taken at this time. Students will then return with the teacher to their classroom.
Tips for Photo Day... if you are interested
Getting ready for picture day
- Practice your smile
- Remember to sit up tall with your back straight
- Wear something you are going to be comfortable in
- Relax and have fun!
- The Fall background color is a deep, rich blue.
- The photographers recommend wearing medium to dark shades (solids preferably)
- No slogans or heavy patterns as they can be distracting
- Select small accessories, such as simple earrings and a necklace
What if we are absent?!?!
Make up day notices will go home about 3-4 weeks after the original picture day.
What if I we don't like the photo?
Your child will have an opportunity to get re-photographed on picture make up day. If you are still unhappy with the photograph, please contact the customer service department at Generations School Photography.
Dad's Club- Pasta Feed Dinner and Dance Party
Friday, Oct. 2nd, 6-9pm
850 Burlingame Avenue
If your little ones like to "shake their groove thing", then this is the event to be at! Be ready to "party" all night!... well... kids style!
- Dinner Includes: All-You-Can-Eat Pasta served 4 ways (bolognese, marinara, pesto, "plain" with butter), salad, garlic bread, dessert, lemonade, and adult beverages
- $15 for adults, $5 for kids [Children Pre-K and under eat free]
- Doors open at 6pm
- Dinner served 6-7:15pm (the line forms rapidly)
- Dancing starts at 7:30pm
For the Future... and the Past!
The Washington Elementary Yearbook needs to be ordered in advance if you are interested in having this keepsake. I know many Kindergarten families like to get this special collection of the year as a memento of the First Year of School.
Don't miss out! Please contact Marian Stein (Landon's Mom) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about placing an order.
Office is Open!
You can access the building through the front door at 801 Howard Ave.
Office Hours8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
Geraldine Ghiglieri: email@example.com