"Cold War at Home" videos
LHS World History
You will be divided into 8 groups. Each group will be assigned a Cold War-era president to research and develop a presentation over.
Develop a group Google Slides presentation to convey your assigned events to the class.
PPT Expectations: Google Slides
Have one background picture per event
2-3 words on slide for notes to class that deal with event
Top of Slide in Red Must be President / Administration name and year event happened
- Next students will briefly describe the event AND its significance to the Cold War, verbally
- Class will take notes over presentation to prepare for test
Details about the Google Slides presentation
- One person start the Google Slide file → Share it with your group partners
- Everyone creates ONE slide for THEIR assigned topic.
Remember to include these items:
- Have one background picture per event
- 2-3 words on slide for notes to class that deal with event
- Top of Slide in Red Must be President / Administration name and year event happened
Details about recording video presentation
- Record presentation / screencast on Chromebook with Snagit for Chrome app (must go through Chrome Store, not website.)
- Only use one Chromebook for this. You will record ONE video as a group, all at the same time. (You will not record individual videos.)
- Everyone presents their topic / slide and speaks on the video.
- Be sure to give SnagIt permission when it asks.
*NOTE: When you get to the "Choose Capture Region" part, select "Screen" to do the video / screencasting. If you pick "region" you'll only be taking a picture.
After You Have Recorded Your Video...
- Watch the preview when shown. (It will have to "sync". It will show a progress bar at the bottom of the page.)
- Click on the 3 dots on the bottom-right side --> Click on "Get Google Drive link" --> It will automatically copy the link so you can paste it into the Google Form / Google Classroom.
Turning In Your Final Video Presentation
- Make sure video is available online (either from host website or downloaded from tool and uploaded to student Youtube or Google Drive).
- Copy link to your VIDEO (not your Google Slide file) → Submit / Turn in link.
- Mrs. Rutherford's classes -- Fill out THIS Google Form
- Mrs. Wiseman's classes -- Submit your link via Google Classroom assignment
List of Presidents & Events
China Falls to Communism
Cuban Missile Crisis and Khrushev
U.S. Lands on the Moon
Six Day War
Civil Rights Movement in U.S.
Ping Pong Diplomacy
- Helsinki Accords
- Fall of Saigon
- Rise of Khmer Rouge
Camp David Accords
Oscar Romero Assassinated
Fall of Communism in USSR (Margaret Thatcher too)
Solidarity in Poland
- Tiananmen Square Massacre