Greeting at ECC
“What you do matters to God because people matter to God.” - Andy Stanley
REACH every person for Christ through love and hospitality.
Create a welcoming environment, that is hospitable and connects people in relationship with God and others.
ROLES & EXPECTATIONS
- Understand that this is your ministry and pray for the people coming to service.
- Smile and make eye contact.
- Have Fresh Breath and good overall hygiene.
- Take the initiative and greet as many people as possible.
- Have a sense of personal warmth (Look like you want to be there).
- Wear your name badge so guests can identify you.
- Focus on guests. Chat with your friends after the service.
- Provide extra care for families with small children.
- Be aware and looking for people who look lost or are standing alone.
- If someone needs further help of any kind, offer personal assistance if possible, or take him or her to another team member who can help him or her.
- Sign up on Sign Up Genius and arrive 30 minutes before the service you are serving.
- Park away if able to allow closer spots for guests and those who need close access.
- Remain at your station until 15 minutes after service has started.
- Recruit, and train other greeters.
- Take the responsibility of finding a replacement if you are going to miss a weekend.
Greeters are asked to be at their door approximately 30 minutes before the service he or she is serving and remain there 20 minutes into service. People usually come really early or really late so we want to be available to greet as many people as possible.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Expect to get a reminder email 2 days before you are scheduled to greet.
I look forward to serving with you.