Weekly Newsletter for LCMS Staff
By Tami Gunset
Please sign-up with Mrs. Aguliar in the Main Office by Wednesday March 9
There is a lot of information in this newsletter, please make sure that you read through the whole things. I need you to make sure you take the survey before February 19.
I hope that your weekend is going well! It is pretty hard to believe that we have completed 4 six weeks in this 2015-2016 school year. This school year is nearing the end before we will even know it as, we have 2 six weeks left. Please be on top of your gradebook, lesson plans and parent contact. Each staff member is doing a great job and YOU are truly appreciated.
STAAR Online Testing - STAAR A tutorials.
Here are the instructions to the STAAR A tutorials. Last year the directions gave instructions for how to utilize the test. This year those instructions will not be included in the directions as they expect students to have used these tutorials prior to testing day.
Accessing the Secure Browser for the STAAR Online Testing Platform
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) Online Testing Platform operates through a secure browser that must be installed on your desktop or tablet in order to access the tutorials, practice tests, and operational tests. For a complete listing of supported operating systems and hardware requirements see the Unified Minimum Systems Requirements for the Administration of Online Assessments document, available at www.TexasAssessment.com/technology.
The secure browsers for desktop systems (Windows and Mac) install by running the installers listed below. After installation, click the desktop icon to access the STAAR Online Testing Platform.
The secure browsers for other platforms can only be accessed through applications that are available in their respective stores. The links below will direct you to the appropriate application for download.
Select among the following links to locate and download the appropriate STAAR Online Testing Platform secure browser for your device(s).
· Android (coming soon)
· Linux (coming soon)
The STAAR tutorials and practice tests are open to the public. Once you have downloaded the secure browser, follow the steps on the next page to access the tutorials or practice tests.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION GIVING OUT TEACHER GRANTS...YOU ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
WiFi Performance Improvements
Beginning Tuesday, February 16, existing WiFi networks will be made open (no password needed). These networks will have the same names (SSID) with which you are familiar.
If you experience an issue connecting, please have your device forget the network and then reconnect. Our WiFi will remain open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The open WiFi network is a temporary fix until we develop a more long-term solution to meet multiple needs. From 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., there will be a password-protected WiFi network available. We will follow up later with the details for this.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Thank you for your continued patience, perseverance, and flexibility.
8th grade Girls Basketball Team City Champions
Great Basketball Season LCMS Pirate and Lady Pirates!
USDA - Golden Spread Chapter Soil & Water Conservation
South Plains Electric Co-op
American Chemical Society
Texas Institute for Environmental Human Health
Texas Tech University-Natural Resources Mgmt.
American Psychological Assoc.
ASM Materials Award
Congratulations to other Regional Science Fair Participants
Cassandra Franco - Is it Getting Hot in Here?
Ryan Garcia - Phoning in Sick
Braden Popejoy - Bluetooth from the Other Side
Zachary Barrientes - Beakmen Flow
Caitlyn Guetersloth - Chasing the Perfect 10
Taylor McCall - Candies to Dye For
Elizabeth Worthington - Ferns Phyt- To- Remediate Soil
Ainsley Schwintz - Phoney Bacteria
Zane Zietouni - Going, Going, Gone
Ivan Castro - Dead Accurate
LCMS 2016 Cheerleader/Mascot Tryout Eligibility
In order for a student to tryout for cheerleader, the following conditions must be met.
· must be academically eligible at the time of tryouts in accordance with UIL regulations;
· must sign up, attend a short meeting, and pick up a packet at the time and place designated by the cheer coach (Tuesday, March 1 at 7:30am in the Middle School Library;
· must have a parent/guardian attend the Mandatory Parent Meeting on Wednesday, March 2 at 5:30pm in the Middle School Auditorium;
· must return the signed Permission Form and Medical Release form by the
designated date (Thursday, March 3 by 3:45pm) to Mrs. Brown in Room 23;
· must not have been removed from any Lubbock-Cooper Cheerleading Squads in the previous year or have been prohibited from tryout due to a review by the cheer coaches/sponsors and administrative team;
· must be available for summer camp and all scheduled practices and attend the entire time (Camp dates tentative May 31-June 2);
· must purchase tryout attire ($20-$25);
· must attend all clinics (March 3 and March 4 4:00-5:30pm) and mock judging (March 8 4:00-5:30pm) (for mock judging the candidate is to wear tryout attire, shoes, and socks that will be worn in front of the judges for cheer coach approval);
· must attend tryout/judging Wednesday, March 9 beginning at 4:00pm (ending time will be determined by how many candidates we have, do not schedule any other event on this day) (tryout is closed);
· must accept financial responsibility for all required items ($650-$800 and other expenses during the 2016-2017 school year).
· must agree to abide by all the rules and guidelines established for cheerleaders at Lubbock-Cooper ISD.
*Tryout material will not be released until after school on the first clinic date (March 3), no exceptions!
The requirements above must be met by the date/time listed, or the
student WILL NOT be allowed to tryout.
Staff PLEASE HELP us push the sells of our 2015-2016 Yearbook
Yearbook orders are being taken now! There are two ways to order your copy!
1. Go online to www.balfour.com and type in Lubbock-Cooper Middle School and click on the yearbook to order online by March 25.
2. Turn in this form with your money to Mrs. Brown room 23 (science) by April 8.
*Online sales will end March 25 and order forms need to be turned into Mrs. Brown by April 8 to ensure you get a copy of the amazing Pirate Star Yearbook.
Two short helpful videos to backup iPad data:
These videos are on the LCP media server.
Next Two Weeks Calendar Events
- Monday, February 15 - Boys Basketball vs LBMS @ LBMS (5:30pm/6:30pm)
- Monday, February 15 - President's Day
- Monday, February 15 - Emergency Drill
- Monday, February 15 - Fifth Six Weeks Begins
- Tuesday, February 16 - Current 5th, 6th and 7th 2016 Scheduling Meeting in Cafeteria (6pm)
- Wednesday, February 17 - ARD Meetings (AM Only)
- Thursday, February 18 - LPAC Meeting
- Thursday, February 18 - SPED Progress reports Due
- Thursday, February 18 - LCISD School Board Meeting (7pm)
- Tuesday, February 23 - MS Band Pre-UIL @ Frenship (TBA)
- Wednesday, February 24 - ARD Meetings (AM Only)
- Wednesday, February 24 - MS Band Pre-UIL @ Frenship (TBA)
- Wednesday, February 24 - StuCo Spring Conference @ Estacado HS (All Day)
- Friday, February 26 - iPod, Hat, Holey Jean Day (each item $1)
- Friday, February 26 - Pirate Pride MOVED to Friday, March 11
- Monday, February 29 - Girls Track Meet @ LCMS (5pm)
- Monday, February 29 - Boys Track Meet @ Monterey High School (5pm)
| || |
LCMS Parent Organization Facebook