EPT Admin Asst Meetings
UPDATE ON ALL THINGS EPT... 1/19/2016
WHO WE ARE-
The Administrative Assistants for the Educational Programs and Technology Department meet monthly to collaborate and share information and resources. The EPT Department is comprised of the following areas-
*Adult Education Services (Centennial)
*Career and Technical Education (Lawrence College and Career Center)
*Lawrence Virtual School (Wakarusa Valley)
*Technology Services (ESDC)
January 19, 2016 Meeting Location- College & Career Center (CCC)
Special thanks to Julie and Patrick for hosting the meeting and providing a tour of their building! CCC is an AMAZING facility!!!!
CALLS TO ACTION-
1. Dawn-Follow-up with IT regarding fax folder in outlook for Julie (CCC).
2. Dawn-Follow-up with IT/John Gottstein about email/voicemail folder in outlook for LVS.
3. Dawn-Follow up with district administrators in order to share info about Skyward,Judy Robert's departure date, Judy's replacement and who to contact with questions/concerns (Paul Dawson or Skyward directly).
4. Dawn- Continue to share info with the group regarding health insurance (changeover to Aetna)
5. Dawn- Share info with group regarding Lunch & Learns and after hours professional learning activities
6. Group-Use the Galaxy Tab 4's and contact Dawn with any questions/concerns.
7. Group- Review info on stress/imbalance (from Dec 2015 mtg) and try to incorporate atleast one suggestion into your life (page 6-7)
Staff Related News
*McPherson & Jacobson LLC was hired to lead our search in interviewing/ selecting a new superintendent. There have been several opportunities for the community, staff and students to provide input regarding the incoming superintendent, including an online survey. They are planning to do screening interviews and interviewing finalists in order to name a new superintendent the week of March 7th.
Did You Know?!?
Jerri and Dawn will start having Lunch & Learn's (not necessarily over lunch- looking at afterschool as well) to assist with various softwares, apps and devices- to enhance people's knowledge base and provide needed assistance. The goal is to help people be more efficient and share anything that will assist in that endeavor (be it personal or professional). The first one will be on Symbaloo at ESDC. As more are determined along with dates, Dawn will keep you informed.
KS Summit featuring Google Apps for Education will be held April 1-3, 2016 at our College and Career Center. Each two-day high-intensity event focuses on deploying, integrating, and using Google Apps for Education (and other Google tools) to promote student learning in K-12 and higher education. Dawn and Jerri are working with Dr. Robert Moody and the EDTech Team to coordinate this event. We anticipate 250-300 attendees.
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a core suite of productivity applications that Google offers to schools and educational institutions for FREE. These communication and collaboration apps include Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs and Sites, and a GAFE account unlocks access to dozens of other collaborative tools supported by Google. All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), meaning that all creations can be accessed from any device with an Internet connection. Once a school decides to embrace Google Apps for Education, they can register their school domain (web address), and administer all teacher and student accounts from an administrative dashboard.
If you'd be interested in helping any of these days, please let Dawn know.
Please be sure to review the Wellness section on SharePoint- https://internal.usd497.org/district/wellness/SitePages/Home.aspx
There is info on the following-
- Nutrition (i.e.,classes at The Merc),
- Building Wellness Reps (Per School/Department)
- Discounts & Deals within the community
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Library Resources (books for checkout at ESDC)
- Lawrence Parks & Recreation (50% discount on classes-i.e. Adult Group Fitness, Adult Sports, Basketball/Volleyball Leagues, Adult Annual Swim Passes)
- Wellness Challenges going on within the district.
All LPS employees are eligible for program participation, regardless of insurance coverage, including Para-educators, Substitutes, and less-than-full time employees. All spouses and dependents over the age of 16; and All early retirees covered by Coventry.
Dawn is on the Fringe Benefit Committee. This committee is made up of approx. 20 district staff (certified and classified) whose purpose is to evaluate medical, dental, vision, voluntary benefits and make recommendations to negotiations team and board of education. Marsh & McLennan Agency is the organization that assists LPS with renewal, marketing and negotiation of these products/services.
- Medical (Sept 2016)
- Dental (Sept 2017)
- Vision (Sept 2018)
- Voluntary Life (Sept 2018)
Currently, we are with Coventry (consistently since 2009). Coventry has been purchased by Aetna so we will be converting over to Aetna Platform (Fall 2016) bearing no big changes at renewal time (March 2016) such as double digit increases, changes to doctors/hospitals in network (LMH), etc. Market trend is around 10% increase yearly; our renewals have been consistent (6.7%). We have been assured that we will have the same underwriters and same acct manager. Our claims will continue to dictate our premiums.
There of course, will be changes-
- new member portal (more tech savy programs, better reporting)
- New Member ID's and Cards (Family ID cards will list all in family)
- Access to Mobile App
- Ability to know what you will owe prior to going to doctor
Dawn will continue to provide updates on this process.
HELP Desk (Technology assistance)- x4357 or contact MaryAnne (x2499).