May 10, 2021
Message from the Principal
As we head into our final few weeks of school, I wanted to have all the information you'll need in one document for you. Below you will find links to all of our important end-of-the-year dates and documents.
I cannot believe we only have three weeks of school left. This quarter is just flying by. Our students continue to amaze me with their positive attitudes and their appreciation for their teachers and their peers. We are all ready to finish this school year strong!
Upcoming Dates at Riverglen
Below are a few of the important dates coming up that all families should be aware of are:
May 25- Early Release: 1:15
May 26- Early Release 1:15
May 27- Early Release 12:00 (Last day of school)
June 2- Report Cards mailed home on
June 4- Office closes for the summer, reopens on August 2ndd
August 5- Registration Day and 7th Grade Open House
Student of the Month
Congratulations to the following students who were selected as our March, Students of the Month. These students exemplify our Grizzly CORE values
each and every day!
The winners for 7th Grade are:
The winners for 8th Grade are
The winners for 9th Grade are:
Along with a certificate and a Riverglen or Capital t-shirt, each student will be receiving a delivery of CHIP cookies to their homes to celebrate their selection with their families. Our April/ May winners will be announced the last week or so of school.
Way to go Grizzlies!
End Of Year Information
Important Information for end of school year planning:
- The last day for late work to be turned in is THIS Thursday! School board policy is 2 weeks before the end of the quarter. we have been reminding the students, but if you could reinforce at home as well we would appreciate it.
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 27th. The last day is a noon release and no lunch is served.
- There are no EOC tests this year. We will be doing teacher-created assessments and activities, but no district tests.
- On Wednesday, May 26th we will be having an outdoor BBQ for all our students (during three separate lunches). All food is being provided by BSD food service and there is no cost to any students.
- Wednesday, May 26th is also the day we will have Freshman Farewell. We can't have assemblies or dances this year, but we have a fun-filled day planned for the students based on activities they requested in student surveys. RJH freshmen will receive and sign their yearbooks during this event.
- Yearbook distribution and signing for 7th/8th Graders is on the last day of school.
- If you did not already buy a yearbook, we will have a limited number available (first-come, first-serve) for purchase the last week of school in the front office for $35.
Information for summer school and Driver's Ed through the Boise School District can be found below.
Boise School District Traditional Summer School:
If you are interested in taking driver ed, here is the link to the district website:
In order to take Driver's Ed, students need a form called a Verification of Compliance from the school. It certifies that they are enrolled and attending school. If your child is planning to take Driver's ED this summer, have them stop by the front office for a letter. If you do not get one before the office closes for the summer (June 4th) you can get one at the district office.
Michele Conant (Students with last name A-K)
Julie Lileks (Students with last name L-Z)
End of Year Medication Pick-Up
We are coming to that time of year once again. If your child has a medication in the health office it must be picked up by 12 pm on May 27th. If the medications are not picked up by a parent/guardian, they will be disposed of.
Please call 208-854-5924 and talk to the school nurse to make arrangements for pick up.
PAWS and our Parents are the BEST!!
On Monday, the staff room was full of donuts and muffins as we kicked off a "sweet" week. On Tuesday, the CupBop food truck was here with a delicious lunch for all, and then on Friday, we had a wonderful delivery from Oliver's Coffee and Pastry Perfection cookies. All of the displays of appreciation were truly felt and we are all very grateful!
Riverglen Contact information
Camille Fraley- Asst. Principal
Michele Conant- Counselor A-K
Julie Lileks- Counselor L-Z
Laurel Dunstan- Registrar
Maureen Tyczka- Attendance and Front Office
Jamie Faraimo- Counseling Secretary
Officer Williams- School Resource Officer