Mrs. Friedman's Flyer
November 30, 2015
News and Announcements
- December 3rd: Holiday Shop open from 3-4 pm.
- December 4th: Holiday Shop with our class 1:15-1:45 pm, Yoga with Mrs. Kelly (wear comfy clothes!)
- December 8th: Scholastic Book Orders Due. Our online code is P8RC8. Books are great gifts! If you would like to place an order as a surprise for your child, please let me know, and I can give you the books directly.
The Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled in December as follows:
- December 16th: 1:30-3:20 pm Half Day Schedule for Students
- December 17th: 6:00-8:00 pm, Regular Schedule for Students
- December 18th: 8:10-12:30 am, School Closed for Student
- December 21th: 6:00-8:00 pm, Half Day Schedule for Students
- Signups will be available online through Sunday, December 6th.
Please click the links above to access the sign-up sheet.
- Welcome to Jack Dowd, the newest member of our class! We hope that Jack and his family receive a warm welcome in Haddonfield!
- Do you love looking at pictures of your kids? I've created a classroom album called “Mrs. Friedman's 1st Grade” where I'll be posting photos, videos and more. This will be private and only available to be viewed by any parent in this class who joins. To join the album click on this link. Since I can send more frequent pictures through this app, I will be posting less pictures in my newsletters.
- Do you have an inexpensive extra set of headphones at home? We could use them for our iPads! Please label them with your child's name. We will use them when we practice math skills, word work, and listen to stories online with the iPads.
- Have you ever asked your child what they did in school only to hear "nothing"? Please consider signing up for Remind text or email alerts for our classroom. I will be sending out weekly questions or table topics for you. You can sign up by following this linkor you can go to the technology tab on my eBoard.
- Please have your child practice reading the guided reading book when it is sent home. Please send it back to school with your child the next day. For more information on the book bag, please see a copy of the letter I sent home, now posted on my eBoard.
First graders have been becoming better readers by identifying the setting of the story. Now that the setting is introduced, students are able to discuss the major elements of a story: character, setting, and main events.