North Carolina Pirates
Regan Brown, Jessica Indries
- Blackbeard became a pirate because like many pirates of the 17th and 18th century, Blackbeard was drawn to the opportunities of raiding commercial shipping in the Americas and the Caribbean.
- He was born in 1680, Bristol United Kingdom
- His real name was Edward Teach, people called him Blackbeard
- Died November 22, 1718, Ocracoke, NC
- A quote from him is "Only the Devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all."
- The name of his ship was the Queen Anne's Revenge
- He was born into a wealth and owned a plantation on Barbados, but threw it away to become a pirate
- He was born in 1688, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Called the "Gentleman Pirate"
- Died December 10, 1718, Charleston, SC
- A quote from him is: "Honoured Sir; I Have presumed on the Confidence of your eminent Goodness to throw myself, after this manner at your Feet, to implore you'll be graciously pleased to look upon me with tender Bowels of Pity and Compassion; and believe me to be the most miserable Man this Day breathing; That the Tears proceeding from my most sorrowful Soul may soften your Heart, and incline you to consider my Dismal State, wholly, I must confess, unprepared to receive so soon the dreadful Execution you have been pleased to appoint me; and therefore beseech you to think me an Object of your Mercy."
- The name of his ship was the Royal James
- He became a pirate after a successful career as a privateer, he married and settled down, but in 1699, he captured a ship and became a wanted pirate.
- He was born in 1645, Dundee, United Kingdom
- He was called Captain Kidd, his real name was William Kidd
- He died May 23, 1701, Execution Dock, Wapping, United Kingdom
- A quote from him was "I desire to put off my trial as long as I can till I can get my evidence ready.
- His ship was called the The Quedagh Merchant
- She became a pirate with her love: the young couple set out for New Providence, where Anne's husband made a meager living turning in pirates for bounties.
- She was born March 8, 1698, Kinsale, Republic of Ireland
- She didn't have any nicknames
- She died April 22, 1782, Charleston, SC
- A quote of hers was "If you would have fought like a man you wouldn't have to die like a dog.
- Her ship was called the Queen Anne's Revenge she was a pirate with Mary Read
- She became a pirate because while en route to the West Indies, Read’s ship was attacked and captured by pirates. Read decided to join them and for a while lived the life of a pirate in the Caribbean before accepting the king’s pardon in 1718.
- She was born 1685, London, United Kingdom
- Her nickname was Mark Read
- She died April 28, 1721, Spanish Town, Jamaica
- A quote she said was "As to hanging, it is no great hardship. For were it not for that, every cowardly fellow would turn pirate and so unfit the sea, that men of courage must starve."
- Her ship was called the Queen Anne's Revenge she was a pirate with Anne Bonny