W. H. ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN
"All Together Adamson--Excellence In Action"
Happy Administrative Professionals Week!
The Week of April 19, 2015
ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN ACTION PLAN
KUDOS TO YOU!
KUDOS to Bowie ES for hosting Senator Veasy and Superintendent Miles on Friday. The senator visited the campus to look at the school's Pre-K program as well as the healthy school initiatives the campus has going on. GO TEAM BOWIE!
KUDOS to Botello ES for 75 of their students being selected to have their Haiku poem published in the National Schools Project poetry contest book. The school will receive a free copy of the book for the school library. GO TEAM BOTELLO!
KUDOS to Adamson HS for students receiving awards from Frito Lay. Awards included laptops and gift certificates up to $800! GO TEAM ADAMSON!
KUDOS to Botello and Reagan for having students win in the Social Studies Film Festival "Giving Back" campaign. Reagan won 3rd place in the district in the 3-5 category and Botello won 2nd place in the district in the K-2 category! GO TEAMS!
WANT TO BE FEATURED IN THE WEEKLY KUDOS? Forward the great things that are happening in your schools to Ms. Hill via email.
A Note From Your Executive Director...
"The courage of leadership is giving others the chance to succeed even though you bear the responsibility for getting things done"
Our elementary and middle school students will test this week and high school in a few weeks. I want you to rest assured that under your leadership, your teams have prepared our students to show what they know on these exams. Thank you for keeping your school environments tight and focused this week.
Here's to another great week of teaching and learning!
SYSTEMIC COACHING CYCLE RUBRIC
Questions for Consideration:
- What concrete artifacts and processes do you have to support a proficient rating or higher?
- How do the teachers carry out the school's action plan?
- How do you formally check progress on the school's action plan?
- What evidence do you have that shows the impact of regular classroom observation and feedback sessions?
- What evidence do you have that shows how teachers have been supported when they are struggling?
- What evidence do you have that shows how you and your administrative team collect and use student achievement data throughout the course of the school year?
Systems Review meetings will be scheduled soon. All 1st meetings will occur in May.
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
Monday, April 20, 2015
- Beginning of 6th Six Weeks Grading Period
- STAAR MATH Grades 5 & 8
- Secondary Campus Visits
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
- STAAR MATH Grades 3,4,6,7
- STAAR SOCIAL STUDIES Grade 8
- Secondary Campus Visits
- Superintendent's Scholarship Reception @ Conrad HS
Adamson & Gilliam students will receive scholarships! Congrats!
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- STAAR READING Grades 3,4,6,7
- STAAR SCIENCE Grades 5 & 8
- Division 5 Leadership Meeting 8:30 AM @ Haskell (Ms. Hill)
- Principal Assessment Center 11:30-5:30 (Hill)
Thursday, April 23, 2015
- Campus Visits AM & PM
Friday, April 24, 2015
- Adamson Feeder Pattern Meeting @ Hogg ES 9-12
- Literacy Plan Development Meeting 1:00-3:30 @ Haskell (Hill)
Saturday, April 25. 2015
- Job Fair @ Conrad HS 9:00-12:00
UPCOMING REMINDERS & DUE DATES AT-A-GLANCE
April 20-24--Public School Volunteers Week--RECOGNIZE YOUR VOLUNTEERS! :)
April 27--Report Cards Issued
April 27--Reasoning Minds Math Inventory (EOY)
April 30--Teacher Focus Group @ Peeler ES
May 1--Secondary Data Meeting @ New Tech HS
May 1-22--ISIP (EOY) Grades K-2/SRI (EOY) Grades 9-12
May 4-8--Teacher & Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week--RECOGNIZE YOUR STAFF! :)
May 5--Cinco de Mayo
May 6--National School Nurses' Day
May 6--Principal Focus Group
May 8--Elementary Data Meeting @ Botello
May 11-22--ACP Performance Tests Grades K-5
May 13--Office Managers' Training
May 14-AF Training
May 18-22--National Educational Bosses' Week!
May 18-29--ACP Performance Tests Grades 6-12
May 20--Principal's Meeting
May 25--Memorial Day Holiday
May 30--DEADLINE FOR ZERO VACANCIES!
OUR FAMILY OF FEEDER SCHOOLS
- James Bowie Elementary, Principal Noelle Wilson
- Felix G. Botello Elementary, Principal Reyna Sotelo
- James Hogg Elementary, Principal Jairo Casco
- John F. Peeler, Principal Sofia Villarreal
- John Reagan Elementary, Principal Ruby Ramirez
- Hector P. Garica Middle School, Principal Gary Auld
- Kathryn Joy GilliamCollegiate Academy, Principal Tamara Francis
- W.H. Adamson High School, Principal Jaine Ortega