Copper Hill Elementary School
June 2023 Family Newsletter
100 Everitts Road
Ringoes, NJ 08551
908-284-7665 (attendance line)
Mr. Jesse Lockett, Principal
Mrs. Amy Switkes, Vice Principal
Mrs. Rebecca Moeri, School Counselor - ext. 57669
Mrs. Lisa Fuchs, School Counselor -ext. 50007
Mrs. Lisa Maslankowski, School Nurse - ext. 57670
Mrs. Jinky Yuzon, School Nurse ext. 5767
Dear Copper Hill Families,
It is hard to believe that the 2022-2023 school year is coming to an end. On behalf of our entire staff here at Copper Hill, we wholeheartedly thank you for all of your support this year and look forward to another year of learning and growing together! We thank each member of our school community for their contributions to our school; our students, staff, parents, PTO and entire Flemington-Raritan School Community. The Copper Hill School community has continued to be Brave, Smart, Kind and Ready, ready to return to normalcy.
May was a busy and exciting month; Walkathon, Field Day, 4th Grade Concert, and so much more! We are looking forward to celebrating the end of another successful school year with classroom celebrations, our end of year party, 4th grade class trip to Camp Bernie, 4th grade moving up ceremony, Kindergarten Celebration, and yearbooks.
We want to wish our 4th grade students the best of luck as they transition to their new home at Reading Fleming Intermediate School. We are so proud of all that you have accomplished during your time here at Copper Hill. We hope you will take with you all of the wonderful memories, friendships, and smiles that you gained as a Cougar. Please come back and visit!
We would also like to recognize Mrs. Diane Cook, as she celebrates her retirement. Mrs. Cook has been a dedicated and caring teacher who has touched the lives of many students and families throughout her tenure at Copper Hill School. She has been a tremendous asset to our school, a leader on her team and a wonderful colleague to all. Thank you Mrs. Cook for all of your contributions to our community and education over the years! Enjoy your upcoming retirement!
We wish you all a happy, healthy, and restful summer!
With great appreciation,
End of Year Celebrations- Procedures for School Age Siblings
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We have many planned end of year celebrations and look forward to the fun! In order to ensure safety of all students and streamline events, please note the following:
- Kindergarten Celebration- Friday, June 2, 9:30 a.m.- Parents will arrive with siblings and sign siblings in to school late at the end of the celebration.
- Fourth Grade Promotion- Thursday, June 15, 2:00 p.m.- Parents will sign siblings out of school early and then bring them to the promotion ceremony.
- Preschool Graduation- Monday, June 19 at 1:00 p.m.- Parents will sign siblings out of school early and then bring them to the graduation ceremony.
Parents must send in a note if they will be bringing siblings to one of the celebrations.
Please note, due to space, school age siblings will not be invited to any classroom celebrations (e.g. first grade end of year celebration).
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding!
Friday, June 2nd- Kindergarten Celebration
Saturday, June 3rd- Cougars go to the Patriot's Game
Wednesday, June 7th- Special PTO Member Meeting for Elections
Thursday, June 8th- Rita's Dine Out
Tuesday, June 13th- 4th Grade Trip to Camp Bernie
Thursday, June 15th- Crazy Cougar Day- Hawaiian Day
Thursday, June 15th- Fourth Grade Promotion
Thursday, June 15th- End of Year Celebration
Friday, June 16th-School Closed to Celebrate Juneteenth
Monday, June 19th- Preschool Graduation
Planning for 2023-2024 School Year
- If you are moving out of the Copper Hill sending area please contact the office
- Bus Stop Babysitter forms must be completed
Safety and Security
- Please do not hold any doors for visitors.
- Please use the crosswalks in the parking lot.
- Please obey the 15 mph speed limit in our parking lot.
- Student drop off begins at 8:45 am. Please wait at the stop sign, until being waved on by one of our staff members wearing bright green vests.
- When exiting the drop off area please be aware of buses that may still be entering the back parking lot or leaving the school.
- If you are dropping your child off after 8:55 am, please park your car in the main parking lot and walk your child into the building and check in with the main office.
- Please DO NOT park your vehicle in the front driveway of the building.
- For the safety and security of our staff and students, monthly fire and security drills are conducted.
- Staff wear bright green safety vests during drills as well as during bus duty.
Absences and Changes in Your Child's Routines
- If your child is ABSENT or TARDY for any reason, please call the Copper Hill ATTENDANCE LINE by dialing 908-284-7665 or report an absence online here. Leave a message detailing the nature of the absence, your child’s name and his/her teacher’s name. Messages may be left at any time of night or morning and are retrieved on a daily basis.
- If your child needs to be DISMISSED EARLY, please send a note to school with your child in the morning, listing the time for pick-up and the reason. Children leaving school prior to 3:25 pm will be marked as an early dismissal. Please note, three tardies or early dismissals count as one absence.
- If your child normally rides the bus but will need to be PICKED UP at dismissal time, please send a note with your child that morning.
- Please DO NOT leave information regarding your child’s change in dismissal on a teacher’s e-mail or voicemail. They often do not have an opportunity to check their e-mail during the day and your message may not be communicated.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEND A NOTE WITH YOUR CHILD IN THE MORNING FOR ANY CHANGE IN YOUR CHILD'S ROUTINE.