Sunset Bison News
G.M. Sandford/R. Spencer Jr.
We are One
The Sunset P-TECH Super Heroes
Ralph Spencer Jr.
The Leadership Team
Maribel Palomares (P-TECH Clerk), Bridgette Dyer-Smith (P-TECH Counselor), Tamara Robison (P-TECH Coordinator) and Ahasbai Villapando (P-TECH Teacher Assistant)
Music in Motion
TIPS FOR STUDENTS DURING DISTANCE LEARNING
Student Laptop Issues
1. Contact the P-TECH office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and let us know the issue. If you send an email please, give a couple of days to respond. And include the following information:
A. Name & Student ID
B. Detail of the issue
C. A good contact (email, parent phone number, etc)
2. For less serious issues, contact the P-TECH office so we can put in a ticket with the above information. We will need to have a log of computer issues so please contact us. Please do not just put the computer to the side and never report the issue.
P-TECH Office phone number is: 972-502-1612
An Opportunity for Emotional Support and Release for our Sunset P-TECH Students
We have been given an opportunity to share a unique program with our students that we hope will provide them with an opportunity to simply just support them during these challenging times of the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Ms. Nikisha Patton Handy, who has worked with our students before, is the Founder of the 2Inspire Peace Program here in Dallas, has developed a program that is tailor-made to support our students in dealing with some of the emotional and physical challenges and restrictions that they are really experiencing right now.
There are upcoming classes and events that she would like for our students to participate in.Ms. Patton Handy is a former school teacher and is also a College Professor - which makes her well-qualified in understanding young people, especially between the ages of 13 - 22. Learn more by clicking the link: https://dallascityoflearning.org/workshop-detail?id=79174
Please make the time to listen to the interview and read the material below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me Ms. Patton Handy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact me if you are not able to reach Ms. Patton Handy. Thank you and please consider taking advantage of this opportunity.
Stars are in the Building
WORKPLACE LEARNING HIGHLIGHTS
Resume Workshop for 9th Grade
Resume Feedback Session with 9th Grade
Social Media Do's and Don'ts with Texas Womens Foundation
Social Media Fact:
According to a 2018 CareerBuilder survey, 70% of employers use social media to screen candidates during the hiring process, and about 43% of employers use social media to check on current employees..
Financial Literacy Workshop
October Steering Committee Meeting
- Workplace Tours (T.E./Public Health)
- Job Shadowing (T.E./Public Health)
- Professional Mentorship (T.E./Public Health)
- Guest Speakers (T.E./Public Health)
- Virtual Team Building (ALL STUDENTS)
Each working group met in a breakout session to generate ideas for the Teacher Education and Public Health Pathway for all four grade levels. We had to stop and plan how we can still support workplace learning in a virtual setting. Thank you Sunset Steering Committee Team for our great ideas!!!
In order to streamline the transcript request process, our registrars, Mrs. Soto and Ms. Martinez, will accept email requests directly from students.
Last names A-L email email@example.com
Last names M-Z email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to confidentiality, we can not and will not send out PDF files due to the personal and confidential information. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Applying for College: FAQs
College Success Hour at UNT Dallas
Here are the workshops they are attended to date:
- Semester and Week Long Time Management
- Applying for College
- Building a Vision of My Future & Advocating for Myself
- Resources to Support Successes
- Time Management and Balancing Stress (the is an on-going skill)
- Preparing for Mid-Terms
- Open P-TECH (Digital Professional Badges)
- The College Application Essay
We are so thankful for the support UNT Dallas offers our students to ensure they are successful.