- Born in Folkestone U.K. on April 1,1578
- Died in Roe Hampton on June 3,1667
- Married Elizabeth Browne, they had no children
- Went to three colleges - University of Cambridge, University of Padua, University of Gonville and Caius
- He was the oldest of Seven brothers
- Harvey had a close relationship with royal family
Harvey found out how blood flows through the body by circulating through the heart. By dissecting he discovered blood flowing through arteries and veins. This was important because future doctors can help patients with heart valve or blood flow problems.