Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
It's a good thing He sees more in me than I see in myself.
Reminder of the Week
Remember to get your daily bread this week!
Humor of the Week
Jesus on Facebook!
Prayer Requests January 13, 2013
December 30, 2012
- Carman - unspoken
- Pam- for Kevin and Sherri Alewine- Sherri's son, 2nd Lt. Jonathan Foghetti passed away Wed. Jan. 9th. Pray for peace, understanding, strength
- Melissa- (for herself). Smart thinking and efficient work for end of semester; (mother) pray her wound heals and does not become infected
- Kim- (for Joe). Pray for job offer with company he interviewed with on Tues.; another company called for an interview this week
- Ed- selling our Rock Hill house
- Cindy - unspoken ; only two independent study students to finish 1/3 of the yearbook
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
A variety of names for the President
What does each name imply about your relationship with/towards the person
Gen. 1:1-5- God spoke and it was so. The word for God is Elohim -- this word emphasizes God's power
Gen. 1:26-2:3 - "let us" refers to the Trinity; He made us IN His image; we see the male and female attributes; strength and beauty
Gen. 2:7-9- "it is good";
God made us in His image to have a relationship with Him. He also gave us free will to choose to have a relationship with Him.
Gen. 2:18-25 - the creation of life; using the name YHWH ... Use this name to call me this because you have a relationship with me. He created everything else because God spoke. With life, He picked up dust of the ground, like modeling clay, and He formed living things by His hand and breathed life into them. Very personal. Again, He fashioned woman
- Volunteers to keep children during Preschool children appreciation dinner Friday February 8 6:30 -8:30
- January 14 pray and fasting for neighbors
- Jan 20 Sanctity of life Sunday
- Jan 27 parent child dedication
- Feb 10 SS directors meeting