Word of the Week
communicate ( comunicarse )
: to give information about (something) to someone by speaking, writing, moving your hands, etc.
: to get someone to understand your thoughts or feelings
medical : to pass (a disease) from one person or animal to another
FULL DEFINITION OF COMMUNICATE
1 archaic : share
2 a : to convey knowledge of or information about : make known <communicate a story>
3: to cause to pass from one to another <some diseases are easily communicated>
1: to receive Communion
2: to transmit information, thought, or feeling so that it is satisfactorily received or understood <two sides failing to communicate with each other>
3: to open into each other : connect <the rooms communicate>
EXAMPLES OF COMMUNICATE
- He was asked to communicate the news to the rest of the people.
- She communicated her ideas to the group.
- The two computers are able to communicate directly with one another.
- The pilot communicated with the airport just before the crash.
- The couple has trouble communicating.
- the challenge of getting the two groups to communicate with each other
- We communicate a lot of information through body language.
- He communicated his dissatisfaction to the staff.
- If you're excited about the product, your enthusiasm will communicate itself to customers.