Middlebury Family News
Where Scholars Soar to Excellence
COUNTDOWN TO IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION!!!
Tuesday, Oct. 13th, 8am
88 Kent Street
MIDDLEBURY ACADEMY WILL RETURN TO BRICK AND MORTAR ON TUESDAY,
That's right! Next Tuesday, October 13, 2020, Middlebury Academy will open its' doors to scholars who chose to receive in-person instruction on campus. Now-- does this mean that we will no longer offer remote learning?? The answer is no! Our families who have decided that they would prefer to remain virtual will continue to receive their instruction via the internet. Additionally, our remote scholars will also be able to receive additional support from his or her teacher on a daily between 3:00 pm-3:30 pm, every day of the week, and from 1:00 pm-3:30 pm on Wednesdays.
Along with the day of our re-opening, here are a few additional things you need to know:
School Day Hours
- 8:00am - 3:00pm
- 8:00am - 8:30am
Assigned Arrival Doors
- Kdg. - 3rd grade will enter the building through the main entry door - #1
- 4th - 8th grade will enter the building through the side door entry - #4
- All scholars and adults who enter the building MUST wear a face mask
- All scholars and adults will have their temperature taken, if it is over 100.4 degrees then that individual will not be permitted in the school
- All individuals will be required to follow social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart from one another
Assigned Dismissal Doors
- All car riders will exit the main entry door - #1
- ]all walkers will exit the side door - #4
Assigned Days of Instruction
- During our hybrid instructional roll out, scholars will be split into two groups and be designated to attend school for two days, then the remainder of the week they are out
- Group A - Monday and Tuesday
- Group B - Thursday and Friday
- (Teachers will give scholars their assigned days this week)
- Tops: Any color polo shirt with a collar
- Bottoms: Khaki, blue, and or black pants
- Shoes: Closed-toe shoes ONLY
Water Bottle Option
- To decrease the exchange of harmful germs, scholars will not be allowed to use the water fountains
- Scholars are asked to bring in a personal water bottle to remain hydrated throughout the day
- Parents/guardians are asked to call and or email the staff of Middlebury with any questions or concerns versus coming into the building
- In an effort to keep the touchpoints and exposure down, parents/guardians will be asked to make an appoint (preferably on Wednesdays) if a meeting with staff is requested/required
As we draw closer to opening our doors and as new information becomes available, we will post these updates through our school's website, phone blast, teacher's Google Classroom page, and social media. Then, of course, any additional questions can be addressed by calling the school at 330.752.2766.
We are here to make sure you feel comfortable and most importantly informed about our scholars' return to Middlebury Academy!
With scholars best interest in mind,
Felicia Woods-Wallace, M.Ed.
Principal of Middlebury Academy
Virtual Parent Meeting Encore Presentation
If you were unable to join us for the Virtual Parent Meetings that were held last week, then please take a moment to review the attached recorded session. We discussed topics such as home / school communication, scholar attendance, grading system, technology and information on professional development for parents.
Our Parking Lot Party was a Success!!!
On Saturday, October 3, 2020, scholars, parents staff, and friends had a chance to attend an outdoor party! While exercising social distancing, attendees enjoyed music, refreshments, and had the opportunity to run, dance, flip, and frolic in an open environment. There was even a dance contest where 5 scholars walked away as winners of "Swag Bags"!!
Coming together in this fashion was a chance to bring the heartbeat back to Middlebury Academy-- the human touch of communing, listening, and laughing at topics beyond our virtual interactions.
Many scholars also shared their excitement about coming back to the building on October 13th. The staff is equally excited to welcome scholars back into the building and in their classrooms.
The Parking Lot Party was one of many community events we will have during this school year. This was our way to stay connected inside and outside of teaching and learning.
Please stay tuned for Math Pumpkin Day during our Fall Festival in late October!
See you there!
Enrollment is still open, so reach out to us today and join the Middlebury family! If you are already a member of our family, please share our schools' name with family and friends who are looking for standards-based instruction from teachers who have scholars best interest at heart. Additionally, we provide follow-up assistance to scholars that are not only on campus, but for those who are learning virtually.
We also have trauma-informed staff at our school, waiting to provide that extra layer of support to our scholars that have had adverse childhood experiences. These qualities and many others is what makes MIDDLEBURY ACADEMY THE RIGHT SCHOOL OF CHOICE!
Call 330.752.2766, come in to see us, or click here to get registered online!
Have Questions? Contact Us Today!
Middlebury Academy is a tuition-free elementary charter school located in Akron, Ohio. We opened in August 2013, serving scholars in grades K-8. Middlebury places high importance on safety and civility. These are core to having a good learning environment and building character.
We have a project-based learning curriculum philosophy that incorporates new and emerging practices and technologies, such as chromebooks and tablets. We view the entire world as our classroom and will have a variety of face-to-face, virtual and other learning activities outside of the school.