The STEM Weekly Stream
STEM Academy Family Newsletter
Week of September 12
Welcome to this week's edition of the STEM Weekly Stream. Please read below for information about Back to School Night, which will take place this Thursday evening. Additionally, Upcoming Fall Events are listed. Finally, reminders about new guidelines for this year are available here.
SEPTEMBER AT STEM
STEM 2022-23 Calendar Link
Back to School Night
- Student presentations about their summer enrichment activities
- Detailed information about events and programming at STEM this year
- Opportunities to sign up with our education and student development partners, such as: Chester Boys & Girls Club, Young Men & Women in Charge; Chester Education Foundation; Upward Bound, and more...
- Families will follow their student's schedule to meet their teachers and visit classrooms
Please call with questions regarding Back to School Night.
School Picture Day
12th Grades will be receiving information about their Senior Portraits during the Senior Meeting taking place this Friday, September 16.
Senior Parent Meeting - September 29
Assignments and Grades
Home Access Center
If you do not have your HAC set up yet, email Ms. Misha Memon (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will reply with your username, password and a link to the log in page.
There will also be an opportunity to sign up for HAC during Back to School Night.
NEW GUIDELINES - REMINDERS
All students must enter the school building no later than 7:45 a.m.
Students will be marked tardy if they are not in class by 7:50 a.m.
Students will not be admitted into their classroom after 7:50 without a late note signed by the Front Office.
Students will not be allowed inside the building after 8:15 a.m. without a parent or guardian to sign them in.
Students will be reminded of the importance of daily attendance in all classes. We appreciate the support of families helping to improve student attendance this year!
I want to thank all parents and families who have adjusted their schedules to support STEM students' on-time arrival. It is great to see the line-up of cars at 7:30 AM this year. Please continue making on-time arrival a priority.
According to teachers, parents, and even students themselves, it is clear that the biggest distraction to learning is their phones. We cannot expect teaching and learning to occur when phones are in the hands of students during their classes. Therefore, students will not be permitted to have cell phones in the classroom this year.
- All students have been provided a lock and locker
- Students will be required to lock their phones in their lockers during the school day
- Students will be permitted to access their lockers and use their phones at lunch and return the phones to their lockers before returning to class
- Students will retrieve their phones from their lockers at dismissal
- Headphones/earbuds/Airpods may not be worn in school
Students who choose not to adhere to these rules will be subject to escalating consequences.
This will be an adjustment for our students, but certainly a positive one. We appreciate the support of our Families to make this happen!
- Cross Country
If you would like more information regarding athletic opportunities, please contact CUSD Director of Athletics and Activities, LaDontay Bell (email@example.com). We believe that playing sports enhances student life and research proves that participation in athletics and activities leads to greater academic outcomes for students!