Bonsall Bear News
November 14 - November 18
Hello Bonsall Bear Families,
There will be a lot of (fun!) information coming up over the next month so be sure to read the BBN carefully!
In this edition, there is information about a See's Candy fundraiser through the PTA, a poinsettia fundraiser sponsored by the Bonsall Elementary Foundation and our first Paper Picnic of the year is coming up in the beginning of December! We are also looking for parents to be on our School Site Council, information below.
As we move through this season of thankfulness, on behalf of the BES staff, we are thankful for each student, family member and community member that supports our school and students each day. Enjoy the week of Thanksgiving with your family and loved ones!
We are looking for a Paraprofessional at BES!
Donate to the Bonsall Elementary Foundation that supports BES teachers and students!
The Bonsall Education Foundation (BEF) is a 501c3 non-profit organization to help fund schools in the Bonsall Unified School District. Our mission includes the following:
* Support Our Students Program (SOS)
* After-School Enrichment Opportunities
* Bonsall Sprouts Garden Program
* Giving Tree Award
* Dale Costa Memorial Scholarship
* BHS College & Career Scholarship
* Student Internship Program with BHS
* Restoration of the historic Bonsall Schoolhouse
BEF works closely with BUSD administrators, teachers, students, parents and other community organizations to provide students with opportunities to enrich their school experience.
We’re always looking for new members to apply their expertise and heart for the benefit of our school communities!
Go to www.bonsallschools.org to see our meeting dates for the year.
- In order to check your child out from the office, whether it be for an appointment or because they are ill, you must have your ID with you. That could be a driver's license, a military ID, or any other identification that proves you, or someone on the emergency contact/release list, matches up with what our Aeries student information system has on file. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
- I love my dogs just as much as you do. However, we have a NO ANIMAL policy on the BES campus. This includes in front of the campus during drop off and pick up of students. This is to ensure the safety of everyone, including your pet, while on our campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Gates will open at 7:55 a.m. this year. The time change supports the 15 minute adjustment to the start of the school day as well as promoting equity across the district. Please do not drop students off prior to 7:55 as there will not be any supervision.
- For the 2022-2023 school year, California will continue to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students. Our cafeteria will begin serving breakfast at 7:55 a.m. Please see below for our November menu.
Introduction to Drum Line for Students
Thanksgiving holiday break
Monday, Nov. 21st, 8:15am to Friday, Nov. 25th, 2:45pm
31555 Old River Road
School Site Council
Dear Bonsall Bear Parents/Guardians:
The BES School Site Council has five open parent position for a two-year (2022 -2024) term. The School Site Council consists of elected members representing parents, teachers, the principal, and other school employees, each of whom serve a two-year term.
The Council will meet approximately four times during the school year. Meetings will be scheduled on the second or third Tuesday of the month from 3:15 - 4:15pm via Zoom. During these meetings, the Council will review the goals for the school, approve funding, review disaster and safety plans, and provide a voice for the parent community.
If you are interested in running for School Site Council, please submit your name, email, and a paragraph describing a little about yourself as well as your reasons for wanting to serve on our School Site Council. The information you provide will go out to our community for a vote.
Submissions may be made by emailing our office manager Tisha Tokarz at Tisha.Tokarz@bonsallusd.com
The deadline for submitting your name for candidacy is Friday, November 18 at 2:00 pm.
We greatly appreciate your willingness to be part of the Bonsall Elementary School Site Council.
Thank you on behalf of the BES Administration.
Important Contacts - Our Office Team
Office Manager, Tisha Tokarz - 760-631-5205 ext. 1100
Attendace/Registration, Sandra Esparza - 760-631-5205 ext. 1101
Health Tech, Brittany Wanzer - 760-631-5205 ext. 1102
Get your Bonsall Elementary Yearbook!
Support Love on Your Back and our BUSD families this holiday season!
Our Community Liaison - Leonor Rodriguez
Click below to join the Bonsall PTA!
Coca Cola Gives Campaign
Counseling Corner with Mrs. Erickson
Mrs. Erickson's Counseling Corner
Welcome back to the Counseling Corner with Mrs. Erickson! Being that we are in the month of November, I really want to focus on gratitude. A lot of the time students know what it means to be grateful but they do not understand what it means to have gratitude. I like to tell students that attitude + gratefulness = gratitude. This helps them grasp the concept a little bit better.
Another way to help students understand what it means to have gratitude and how to practice is by watching this quick video. This video suggests 4 different ways that we can all practice gratitude in our daily lives:
If you have any questions or have suggestions for topics in the future, feel free to email me at Destinee.email@example.com