April 25, 2016
Message from Mrs. Hanna...
May is another full month of activities and summer is fast approaching:
- May 13th will be our Volunteer Breakfast and 3rd grade field trip.
- In May we will have our annual step-up day, where students visit the next grade level.
- May 16th-20th will be our week of "My Future Story" (Career Day). This will be a week of looking into the future with careers and college opportunities. If you would like to come and speak to our students about your particular career, please contact me at 501-743-3567.
- Cabot High School Graduation is Friday, May 20th.
- Remember we will have 2:00 dismissals on May 20th, May 24th and May 25th.
- End of the year celebrations will be Monday, May 23rd. Please contact your child's teacher for more information.
If you have another email you would like for me to use or you would like to be removed from the Southside News...please email email@example.com.
Principal, Southside Elementary
Southside Elementary Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
Date: Friday, May 13th, 2016
Time of Event: 7:30 a.m.
Location: Southside Media Center
Please join us for our annual Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast. We love our volunteers at Southside and want to show our appreciation for all you do!
Southside’s 2015-2016 READING CHALLENGE
Beginning November 20th Southside students will be challenged to read a book for each BINGO square.
Mark an “X” over the square when completed and add the book title to the corresponding line on the back of the BINGO card. An adult must initial each book read.
Once you have completed a Black Out bring your BINGO card to Ms. Wilson, our Librarian, and you will receive an invitation to our End of the Year Reading Celebration.
You will also get caped with your “Reading Super Power” cape and your picture will be added to our “Reading is My Super Power” Wall of Fame.
All BINGO cards must be completed by May 1st for you to be eligible for the Reading Celebration.
Click the 2015-2016 District Calendar bar to view the new Cabot Public Schools calendar.
Click the Cabot Public Schools Website bar to take you directly to the District Homepage.
Free and Reduced Form is now available online!
Parents can now fill out free and reduced forms online! Check this out:
BOX TOPS MAKE A "PAW"SITIVE DIFFERENCE AT SOUTHSIDE
Remember to collect those BOX TOPS over the summer to help your upcoming class win some cool prizes!
To receive messages via text, text @sse15-16 to 81010. You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @sse15-16'.
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE?
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs. Visit remind.com to learn more
CABOT SCHOOLS APP!
Cabot Public Schools is proud to debut its new mobile app.
The app gives parents, students, staff and patrons direct and immediate access to school news, notifications, student info, resources and much more!
All this information is available in one place and right at your fingertips. It’s also free and just a single download away.
The free official Cabot Public Schools app is available right now in the App Store for iPhones and on Google Play for Android users.
If you have an iPhone, to get started visit the App Store and search for Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District. Once you find it, just click on it to download the app to your phone.
If you have an Android phone, you’ll go to Google Play, and again either search Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District and download it to your phone.
Once it’s downloaded, you’ll want to explore all the features available. It’s a great place to stay connected.
• Keep up-to-date on the district’s top news stories
• Customize your app to follow and get notifications from the district and/or school(s) of your choice
• Calendar of school events
• Find contact and staff information on each school and departments
• Access student information, grades, upcoming assignments, and cafeteria balances
• If you’re new to the district, find your school and your student’s bus route
• Lunch menus
• Pay cafeteria balances
• Resources for students, parents, faculty and staff
• Provide feedback, suggestions or contact the superintendent
Our new Cabot Public Schools app also automatically translates all this information into more than 50 languages. All you have to do is go to the Settings Icon and select your preferred language.
If you’re not able to download the app, don’t worry. We'll still continue distributing all our information just like we have before through social media, phone calls, texts, emails, website, school announcements, and newsletters. This new app is just another tool to help us connect with you.
*We encourage you to always follow the district (Cabot Public Schools) to keep up-to-date on important information.