RVHS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Friday February 26th 2021
Message From The Principal
Our teachers and staff are anxious to have RVHS students back on campus. Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding our planned reopening:
- Students will be required to attend each of their classes Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Lunch will be served Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Mondays will be strictly intervention and makeup work during teacher office hours via Zoom.
- Students who need a quiet place to work on Mondays may attend a Study Hall on campus.
- Students and staff on campus will be required to wear a mask.
- Students on campus will be required to socially distance.
- Typical classrooms will be limited to a maximum of 20 students.
Please continue to wear a mask, wash your hands and stay healthy.
We got this!
BELL SCHEDULE FOR ON-CAMPUS SCHOOL
Online Learning Support:
- For district email password reset support, which will get you into your CLEVER login and connect you to Canvas and Google classroom, please call RVHS at 695-7320 or email:
- PLEASE TRY THE CANVAS LINK DIRECTLY.
- TVUSD Canvas Parent Account and App Directions
- Zoom: TVUSD Online Classes
- Parent: Canvas Help Resources
- Temecula Online Student/Parent Tips
- Distance Learning Remote Access
If you are having trouble viewing courses for Second Semester, you may need to clean up your Student Dashboard.
Go to "Courses" (left side navigation bar), scroll down to "All Courses" and click the star in front of your Semester 2 classes. Those will be the only courses you see on your Student Dashboard!
For more details about your dashboard and how it can help you be successful in Semester 2, watch this short video: Canvas Student Dashboard Overview
STUDENT OF THE WEEK
EMPLOYEE OF THE WEEK
Ms. Gina Siez
Miss Gina loves spending time with her two daughters at the beach, driving, or just listening to country music. She joined RVHS as our very first social worker. Her addition to the staff made an immediate impact on the students. She started support groups to meet the needs of our student populations. She has a big heart and is not afraid to ask the hard questions.
It is apparent that she is great with the students, as many of them love sitting and talking with her. Physical or emotional needs, it doesn’t matter, Gina will goes out of her way to make sure everyone feels accepted and cared for. During online learning, she has been on campus many times meeting with students and trying to provide services to students in the learning hubs.
Gina is also a professor at USC and works with interns on a regular basis. She cares deeply about the people she meets and is willing to go the extra mile to help anyone in need. RVHS is a better place for the students with the addition of Gina. She brings support, resources and years of experience that have raised the level of awareness and student success at Rancho. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the students. Miss Gina, you are the Employee of the Week.
BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE
Coral Catana -- 2/27
Ashley Molano -- 2/28
Oshuen Marshall -- 2/28
Jaylen Washington -- 3/1
Alyssa Garringer -- 3/2
Alyssa Covarrubias -- 3/2
Jayshalyn McNair -- 3/2
Dominic Zullo -- 3/3
Tyler Akasaka -- 3/4
Rosa Reyes -- 3/4
Isaac Acosta -- 3/4
Brody McHaffie -- 3/5