BEAR CREEK BLAST
OCTOBER 4th - OCTOBER 8th
Dismissal Help & Procedures:
We need your help to ensure the safety of our students.
- For those parents that walk from home to pick up your child: you must bring your car sign to pick your student up. This is not a time for a conference with the teacher as they need to be focused on monitoring students.
- All other students should be picked up from the car lines. Please have your car signs visible and remain in your cars.
- Drive slowly and watch for children.
- No cell phones.
- Our preference is for students to get picked up from the car line whenever possible. This allows our staff to properly view all the students and help them get in the cars efficiently and safely.
Due to the high spread count in Tarrant County and the inability to provide adequate social-distance seating for parents, we can not allow lunch visitors at this time. We are in the process of ordering new outdoor seating that will provide an option in the near future. We appreciate your patience and support.
We will continue to reassess to determine if/how we can safely accommodate lunch visitors. Be on the lookout for updates in The Bear Creek Blast! Thank you for your support. We are looking forward to a fantastic year at Bear Creek!
GCISD COVID-19 Resources
Please visit www.GCISD.net/COVID19 for lots of resources from the District pertaining to COVID-19. There you can find updated frequently asked questions, current GCISD COVID-19 protocols, information on the GCISD COVID-19 Testing Center, information on remote conferencing, statistics regarding COVID-19 cases in GCISD and more.
Bear Creek Elementary is excited to announce that we will be having a Book Character Dress Up day on Friday, October 29, 2021.
The character trait we will be learning about this month is Respect. We will also be learning what Bullying is and isn’t and what we need to do in case anyone is being Bullied. I always share with the students to make sure they tell 2 trusted grown ups, someone at home and at school if they feel they are being bullied.
Monday is World Day of Bullying Prevention, please wear blue to support saying no to bullying on Monday, October 4th.
Here is the monthly newsletter for Respect.
Red Ribbon week will be the week of October 25th-29th. Red Ribbon Week activities will be coming next week.
As always, please call or email me if you need anything.
Check out this week's Golden Paw recipients!
Visitor/Volunteer Guidelines 2021-2022
Please view the updated visitor/volunteer guidelines below. We will continue with campus plans for the start of the year events. There are a few adjustments in consideration of the current high community spread. Please review the 2021-2022 COVID-19 Protocols prior to attending campus events.
Keep updated with information from the district to help navigate your student's school year
10/5-6 - Vision & Hearing Screening
10/11 - NO SCHOOL
10/13 - EARLY RELEASE @11:45AM
10/15 - BCE Fun Run!
10/15 - End of First Nine Weeks
10/19 - 6pm Around the World Informational Meeting
10/22- Look for Report Cards in Skyward
10/29 7pm - PTA Trunk or Treat
11/2 - Election Day (BCE is a precinct)
11/9 - Picture Make Up Day
11/11 - 6:45pm PTA General Meeting
11/22-26 - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
Join BCE PTA!
Look for the PTA sign up booth at Meet the Teacher!
- Memberships are $8.50 each ($9.00 if you use card).
- There is not obligation to volunteer. Joining PTA helps make events for students and support for teachers possible. See the membership form for more info on what PTA does.
- Our goal as a PTA is 200 members before October 1.