Posture of Experimentation
Tracy Clark #IPLZASTX | Saturday 12:20-1:10 Room 102
(c) Spordan 2009-2014
What if this experiment never happened?
CNA - Speaking Exchange
But it isn't easy...
Trying something new is like...
Activity: Play Along...
- Complete the sentence with your own simile about trying something new. You can use the pictures for ideas or make up your own.
- Share your sentence here or Tweet out your sentence to #IPLZASTX
- Look at what your peers are posting. Are there any trends you see? Which stand out to you? What makes you say that?
But we might feel like it...
Almost without exception, the major fears in my life, when pushed through by force or choice, became some of the clearest reasons for success or at least forward momentum, giving me the ability to complete the next project or endeavor that came my way.
Dancing with Fear
Activity: Be An Amateur
Mini Lesson: Sketchnoting
- Do not have to be an artist
- It is not about art it is about ideas
- Sketchnotes are meant for you first
- Anyone can do it
Made up of:
- Boxes & labels
- Lines & Arrows
- Helps remember things- 29% increased retention
- Make connections
- Visual literacy
Looking for more on Sketchnoting + digitally?
A Sketchnote Primer
Our job to nurture...
John Lewis Christmas Advert 2014 - #MontyThePenguin
Model a posture of experimentation and a desire for change
To get at the heart of experimentation. Let's do it.
- Think of one experiment or project you want to commit to trying this year.
- Use the sketchnote techniques we learned to visually represent your idea for an experiment. Use the hexagons and pens in the back of the room to sketch.
- Post your sketchnotes of your experiment idea here or on Twitter with the hashtag #IPLZASTX
- See what your peers on Twitter are posting. Is there someone you can connect with to jump on this experimentation journey?