Tusculum View Tiger Talk
Weekly News for the Week of May 24, 2021
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Good afternoon Tiger families,
I hope everyone had a great weekend! We are on the home stretch and the end is in sight! This is our last week of school and summer vacation begins Friday!
Reminder that all students will keep their devices over the summer. Students attending summer school will need them each day and for those not attending summer school, you may access all of the wonderful resources available from our district through Launchpad. If you do not wish for your student to keep their device, please contact Ms. Stephens.
I hope each of you has a great last week of school!
Please complete your registration for next school year ASAP. We will begin scheduling students soon after the school year ends and we need accurate enrollment information.
Schedule for the remainder of the school year:
Tuesday, May 25 - Fun Day sponsored by GSIA - only in-person students may attend this event. Students will play outside during their scheduled grade level time. Please dress your student in athletic attire and wear tennis shoes. Teachers and students will bus each other farewell for the summer on this day. Last official day of school.
Wednesday, May 26- Abbreviated day. There will be NO bus transportation, NO breakfast served, and NO ATTENDANCE taken on this day. Teachers will say their goodbyes to students on Tuesday.
Book Blast Free Book Coming Home!
Additionally, each student will receive 3 free books! Book selection will occur this Tuesday, May 25. Each grade level will go to the café to browse and select their books. EDGE students may come in person to select their books if they choose. Specific times and instructions for EDGE students will be emailed to EDGE families.
Computers over the summer and returning to school in August
Grades K-2 will need to return with their charger and computer.
Grades 3-4 will need to return with their charger, computer and computer pouch.
Grade 5 will turn in their computer pouch Monday, May 24th to TVES. They will return to GMS with their computer and charger.
Library Books needs to be turned in ASAP to Ms. Stephens.
Updated supply lists for next year can be found on our school website under the parent tab
Earn a free book through the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program for kids in Grades 1–6!
1. Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal. Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
2. Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between July 1st and August 31st, 2021.
3. Choose your free book! *If you cannot make it to a Barnes and Noble store this summer, just return your form to Ms. Stephens when school starts back. Our Barnes and Noble representative will deliver student books to Tusculum View, as long as you complete and return the form! *Link to print your own Journal if you lose the one sent home: https://dispatch.barnesandnoble.com/content/dam/ccr/pdf/2021/BN_Summer_Reading_21_Journal_English.pdf
Underwater Adventures Art Contest
Summer basketball camps will be offered by the GHS coaching staffs for boys and girls this summer. See information below.
Thank you for each donation to the Greeneville/Greene County Humane Society! Everything was greatly appreciated and will be put to good use! #tigersserve
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
- Please be aware that each FRIDAY there are assignments for ALL students to complete. Many students are not completing work on FRIDAY and are being counted absent. Please talk with your students and make sure they are completing work each day of the week, including Friday.
- Mrs. Lesa will no longer be serving extras in the cafe until further notice.
- Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
- Lunch and breakfast are free for all students until the June.