Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
January 2, 2019
Two years ago I walked into a health club in Dallas on thanksgving morning. It has about 60 cardio machines and I was surprised to see every one of them occupied. The club closed at noon. I got the message. Everyone was preparing to eat a lot. An hour or so on the treadmill can burn a lot of calories.
I know too, the health clubs await the new year for all of us who have decided, this time, my new years resolution will be to exercise and eat better.
There is a word that we need to add to our new year decision (PERSEVERANCE)
There is a prevailing adage. "if I change my mind, my behavior will change." Another adage, change my behavior and my mind will change.
That is the bottom line of recovery centers around the country. Maybe that is what the motto "JUST DO IT" means.
St. Paul who wrote widely years ago has some words for us who are planning the new year. It is the letter to the Romans,Chapter 5; vs 3-5.
HAVE A SUCCESSFUL 2019 FROM OVER THE HUMP. PERSEVERE
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—1st Wednesday of each month—6:00p.m.
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile