Mrs. Anderson's Newsletter
ISTEP and IREAD Testing
Wednesday, 3/2 (Math)
Thursday, 3/3 (ELA 1)
Friday, 3/4 (ELA 2a & 2b)
Thursday, 3/10 (IREAD-3 Practice Tests) - online
Tuesday, 3/15 (IREAD-3 Test) - online
Please try to be sure your child gets a good night's sleep each night and a good breakfast each morning. Also, please try to not schedule any doctor appointments or vacations during this time. The kids do better on the test when taking it with their class and their teacher, rather than at a make-up time with a different proctor and group of kids.
I will be giving out the letters you have written to your child on Thursday morning, when we have our first test together as a homeroom. (Math kids test with their math teachers.) If you have not written a letter yet, it is not too late! Please send them by Wednesday.
Read Across America Day
Community Building Project Reminder
- The base of the project should not be over 18 inches by 18 inches. The height of the project should not be over 18 inches.
- The projects need to be self-standing
- They can be made out of any type of boxes, cardboard, paper, etc...
- You need to bring two little action figures/characters to populate our community
Here are the specifics for the oral presentation for our classroom:
- Tell about what your building is and where it is located
- Why is it important for a community to have this building?
- What did you use to make your building?
- Why did you choose your building to share?
We will present these the first week of April. I will let kids pick the day they present this time.