Read All About It!
Mrs. Illi & Mrs. Yula's Kindergarten Classroom Newsletter
AM Class Library Books Due on Friday!
PM Class Library Books Due on Wednesday!
What Have We Been Up To?
- We revisited our STARS positive behavior support initiative at HTS with the Sadecky's Puppets assembly, 'It Pays to Be Nice,' where one puppet learns how valuable kindness is in the long run.
- Our assembly on Fire Safety was a great way to see firefighters as real people whose job it is to help keep us safe in an emergency.
- The field trip to Hill Creek Farms last week was so much fun - from the yummy snacks and play area to the opportunity to pick our own apples from branches just the right height for Kindergartners!
- The children studied shapes by sorting real-life objects according to their shape and coloring the shapes on a picture of a bus by matching the color key on the paper.
- Numbers and counting have been a huge part of each day. Last week, we counted and wrote the number of apples on apple tree pictures, read a book called Apple Orchard Countdown, and hunkered down at our seats for some important pencil and paper number-writing practice.
- Mm, Nn, Oo, Pp
- We continued to practice isolating sounds in words to capture their beginning sounds. We accomplished this through listening practice with and without visual prompts, and we also had a fun Beginning Sound Scavenger Hunt around our classroom.
- Using our kind hands, we created a monkey puppet to celebrate the letter 'm.' One special thing about our puppet was that it was really good at saying kind words.
- We read a special decodable reader, Am I Little?
- The children listened to and colored a special book about the parts of an apple.
High Frequency Words
- I, am, the, little
- After our field trip, we brainstormed some ideas of what details we can include in an apple orchard illustration. We will be using this illustration with our upcoming caption-writing activity.
Special Books We Read
- Visit to an Apple Orchard, Apple Orchard Countdown, Little Mouse and the Big Red Apple, Flashing Fire Engines
Fun Song with Usher on Sesame Street!
FUN Pictures from Last Week...
Firefighter Mrs. Illi & PM Class
Firefighter Mrs. Illi climbing the firetruck ladder!
When a firefighter uniform is too tight to zip, just shake it off with a little dance!
10/14 - PM Class Library Books Due!
10/16 - AM Class Library Books Due!
10/16 - School Spirit Day - Hat Day
10/20-10/23 - Early Student Dismissal for Parent Conferences
10/22 - PTA Halloween Skating Party @ Deptford, 5:30 p.m.
10/26 - Student Portraits @ HTS
10/26 - Board of Ed Meeting @ PVS, 7:00 p.m.
10/30 - Halloween Parades - AM time 10:40 a.m., PM time 1:45 p.m.