Week Ahead for Our Jayhawk Families
January 20-24, 2020
We remain hopeful that an agreement can be reached soon at the central bargaining table between the province, the unions, and the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA), which represents public school boards at the provincial table.
The Board will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.
Please contact Mrs. Campbell or Mrs. Diamond if you have any questions.
This Week and Beyond...
Monday - Day 1
Tuesday - Day 2
- Music - grade 6-8
- Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
Wednesday - Day 3
Thursday - Day 4
- No music
- Ski Trip with Mrs. Campbell - Grades 6-8
- Parent Council Meeting 6:00 pm
Friday - Day 5
- Musical Theatre Club (open to all Gr. 3 - 8 students who love to sing, act & dance - first recess
January 28 - Hot Lunch: Pepperoni pizza
Janaury 28 - Grade 8 Parent Info Night - LaSalle
January 29 - Teens Trashing Tobacco - Grade 7s and 8s
Janaury 31 - PA Day (no classes)
February 4 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
February 11 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
February 18 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
February 25 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
March 3 - Graduation and Siblings Photo Day
March 3 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
March 10 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
- the best treatment for lice is strand-by-strand pulling of nits/live, using a nit comb
- if your child has lice, you need to wash (in hot water) and dry (on high heat) all pillows, blankets, linens used, stuffies, hats, anything the child wears on his/her head, clothing
- vacuum mattresses
- throw out hair ties
- wash combs/brushes (put them in the dishwasher) or replace
- please ensure your child's hair (if long) is put up in a bun, such that no hair is flowing - until their head is lice-free
- there should be at least 2 treatments - one initial and a week later (as the treatment will kill the live, but may not kill the nits)
We understand the drug store treatment is expensive. If you are having difficulty paying for a treatment, please let us know at the office.
Student Use of Cell Phones at School
Inclement Weather and Bus Cancellations
School is usually open during inclement weather days, so parents will need to use Safe Arrival to report child's absence if he/she is not coming to school, regardless whether the busses are cancelled. Please indicate "bus cancellation" as the reason.
You can drop students off no earlier than 8:50 and pick up no later than 3:35. Please come in and sign them in during these days - there will be a sign-in and a sign-out at the front door.
Safe Arrival, Pick Up & End of Day Arrangement
Every day we have students who are unsure of their end of day arrangement. This often leads to last minute phone calls and holding up the busses. Please ensure that your child and your child's teacher knows what your end of day arrangements are if they differ from the regular routine. Please write a note to your child's teacher indicating that there has been a change. If there is no communication, we will send students to their regular after-school destination (e.g. bus home or Boys and Girls club).